An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Apologetics international

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='rkwright' date='Feb 10 2006, 04:26 PM']seriously I can't believe this.  You know why the theory of the Earth revolves around the sun exists?? Yes it was only a mathematical formula at the time, but it worked.  That formula put every planet right where it said it was going to be.  When the hypothetical meets reality thats how you know its a solid formula.
[right][snapback]883361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
This is a good write up on what happened. It's not like what mainstream information sources want us to believe.
[url="http://www.catholic.com/library/Galileo_Controversy.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/library/Galileo_Controversy.asp[/url]

Fidei Defensor

No rite can be better or worse than any other because they all are re-presentations of the one sacrifice. So, if one were to say that one is worse than another, that is basically saying that if the Sacrifice is presented this way, it isnt as good as if presented another way.

So, in other words, anywhere Jesus is, that is good enough for me. If it is good enough for him, it is good enough for me.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='rkwright' date='Feb 10 2006, 05:26 PM']thats crazy... although the date says 2002. 

seriously I can't believe this.  You know why the theory of the Earth revolves around the sun exists?? Yes it was only a mathematical formula at the time, but it worked.  That formula put every planet right where it said it was going to be.  When the hypothetical meets reality thats how you know its a solid formula.

I can't believe that... just plain crazy  :wacko:  :topsy:  :wacko:
[right][snapback]883361[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I read somewhere that all the Greeks really cared about was if their model of the universe could help them navigate and succesfully predict planetary movements. The actual workings of the universe were not the issue.