An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bastard Child

catholicinsd

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 3 2006, 01:09 AM']Scott Evil

As Bastards, (love children) its our duty to defend the unborn, as it could of very easily been our blood spilled in an abortuary.
[right][snapback]844185[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I can't help but get the feeling that the circumstances of your birth is very painful for you. It is difficult to feel "different" especially if you are a young person trying to define yourself in this chaotic world.

What you need to do is go before the Blessed Sacrament, be still, and listen to Our Lord. He will not call you "Bastard". If you listen you will hear Him calling to you--His Child.

Whatever the situation surrounding your birth may have been, your life was, and is, a gift from God. Don't waste this gift by defining yourself by this one word. I think knowing you by your name would be much better.

Oh, your remark above about defending the unborn is a great one. Abortion is offered as the simple and quick solution to young unmarried mothers these days. I applaud you for standing up for life.

toledo_jesus

I was born in January, and my parents were married the prior August. I finally did the math when I was 19...

I would support the idea that the bad behavior of one's parents can come back and hurt their children.

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 3 2006, 01:31 AM']Regulators,

Can we get this thread closed?  It is inappropriate.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]844139[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Agreed again. It bugs me just to see it.

Ash Wednesday

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Betterterm/7022455.gif[/img]

[img]http://foofernarfie.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pancakerabbit.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Betterterm/1004345.gif[/img]

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jan 3 2006, 04:52 PM']Agreed again. It bugs me just to see it.
[right][snapback]844517[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I third it... I don't think the language is appropriate, given the modern day connotations.

catholicinsd

Here our list of Cool Bastard Children

ME!
Myles
St. Augistine's son
Forrest Gump
Perseus
Evita Peron
Scott Evil
Guillaume Apollinaire.
Sarah Bernhardt. Actress.
Giovanni Boccaccio. Author.
Cesare Borgia. Catholic cardinal.
Aleksandr Borodin. Composer.
Pope Clement VII. Spiritual head of the Catholic Church.
Leonardo da Vinci. Artist.
Josephine de Beauharnais. Napoleon's wife.
Frederick Douglass. Abolitionist.
Alexandre Dumas, fils. Novelist and playwright.
Desiderius Erasmus. Scholar and author.
Alexander Hamilton. U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
.Jenny Lind. Singer.
Marilyn Monroe. Actress.
Bernardo O'Higgins. Dictator.
Francisco Pizarro. Conqueror of Peru.
James Smithson. Chemist and inceptor of Smithsonian Institution.
August Strindberg. Playwright.
Richard Wagner. Composer.
William the Conqueror. First Norman ruler of England.
Also, Rick is a love child.

Be not ashamed! Bastards (love children) are 100000 times cooler than legitimate children. We were saved from abortion for a reason! Let's pray for our peeps who weren't as lucky as us.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:07 PM']what makes you cooler than us?
[right][snapback]844672[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The fact that our lives are so imporant that God gave us life before our parnts were married. And the fact that our moms were probably targetted for abortion and we survived.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:13 PM']The fact that our lives are so imporant that God gave us life before our parnts were married. And the fact that our moms were probably targetted for abortion and we survived.
[right][snapback]844674[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

some how i don't think god loves bastards better, nor are bastards are cooler

Guest Rick777

Listen we are all important, no one is more important than someone else because he was born a certain way and someone else wasnt

Edited by Rick777

Guest Rick777

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 01:14 PM']some how i don't think god loves bastards better, nor are  bastards are cooler
[right][snapback]844676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I hope you arent saying God loves people born out of wedlock less, thats just the impression I got anyway I think this thread should be removed.

Edited by Rick777