An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cardinal Keeler

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 02:20 PM']well its either them or the sspx  ;)
[right][snapback]844690[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

...or fidelity to the Church...

Guest Rick777

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 01:26 PM']so you say. I think many catholcs idea of fidelity is pope worship.
[right][snapback]844698[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What Catholics have u been hangin around with? :idontknow:

Edited by Rick777

MilesChristi

[quote name='p0lar_bear' date='Jan 3 2006, 04:23 PM']...or fidelity to the Church...
[right][snapback]844694[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 02:26 PM']I think many catholcs idea of fidelity is pope worship.
[/quote]

Be that as it may, the CAI's blatant, and often militant, lack of respect for and obedience to the pope in particular and the hierarchy in general is troubling to say the least.

I'm not prepared to enter into a debate on the CAI (and I don't think dUSt would apprecitate it), but I just wanted to offer a bit of warning. I know you are struggling with a lot of things with the Church. I know it hasn't been an easy journey for you so far, and I don't think following CAI will help you much in your attempts to stay in the heart of the Church.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:27 PM']What Catholics have u been hangin around with? :idontknow:
[right][snapback]844703[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

this may seem overally critical but not every word that comes out of the Popes mouth is Authentic teaching.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 02:53 PM']this may seem overally critical but not every word that comes out of the Popes mouth is Authentic teaching.
[right][snapback]844723[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

More so than the words coming from CAI...

Guest Rick777

Wow, I thought you were a mega traditionalist Extra ecclesiam nulla salus, then came back, your comments sound like their from a liberal.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:00 PM']Wow, I thought you were a mega traditionalist Extra ecclesiam nulla salus, then came back, your comments sound like their from a liberal.
[right][snapback]844734[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That kind of statement is used by both sides to justify attacks against the pope and disobedience to any teaching they deem to be outside of authentic teaching. Actually, his statement is correct, we are not required to believe and/or support everything the Pope says and does. But using this as justification for dissent is inexcusable.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:26 PM']so you say. I think many catholcs idea of fidelity is pope worship.
[/quote]
Can you explain this comment? I'm honestly confused and don't get your point. :idontknow:

Guest Rick777

So if the Holy Father says that he is for something,(like a social issue)than Catholics aren't bound to agree with him?(im learning so much here :punk:)

Edited by Rick777

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 3 2006, 04:18 PM']Can you explain this comment?  I'm honestly confused and don't get your point. :idontknow:
[right][snapback]844749[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

first i will respond to Ricky. absoultely not ricky.

Basically i am disugsted by the present state the church is in. The Second Vatican council (due to its ambiguity) was hijacked by Modernists. I really disagree with many of the Things that the Post concliar church teaches on Ecumenicism, relegious freedom, salvation outside the church, the nature of the church etc.
but.... I am really not sure about the SSPX.

but what i meant was that if a pope teaches his private opinion or if (unofficial that is) teaches heresy im not going to obey him that is false obidience.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 3 2006, 04:33 PM']first i will respond to Ricky. absoultely not ricky.

Basically i am disugsted by the present state the church is in. The Second Vatican council (due to its ambiguity) was hijacked  by Modernists. I really disagree with many of the Things that the Post concliar church teaches on Ecumenicism, relegious freedom, salvation outside the church, the nature of the church etc.
but.... I am really not sure about the SSPX.

but what i meant was that if a pope teaches his private opinion or if (unofficial  that is) teaches heresy im not going to obey him that is false obidience.
[right][snapback]844769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sam,

Did you get that book "More Catholic Than the Pope: An Inside Look at Extreme Traditionalism" like you said you would? That book addresses some of the issues you just cited, such as ecumenism. And Phatmass' reference section contains some excellent materials on ultra-traditionalism as well. Have you looked at it?

i have indeed looked over the phatmass reference dictionary.

I will buy the book by Pat madrid. and i will read it (eventually)

God Bless,

Sam