An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facing East during the Mass

Myles Domini

Oh that's great!

[quote]For you skeptics out there yes this is an actual transformation and reverses the trend where the before picture looked better than the after picture. But we don't stop there we also worked non-stop to retrain the choir.[/quote]

Myles Domini

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jan 9 2006, 04:26 PM']San Clemente's a little older than the Tridentine Mass.

However, I think that they also made it face East (just like all the other major Basilicas in Rome) and the people would turn around during the Eucharistic prayer.

This is in a place without pews, which we now have.  :)
[right][snapback]850357[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Uh huh thats what the big name liturgists say. A common direction during the liturgy appears to be the most ancient of practices, in which the whole man who is psychosomatic by design, turns towards the Lord.

[quote name='Myles' date='Jan 9 2006, 02:27 PM']Uh huh thats what the big name liturgists say. A common direction during the liturgy appears to be the most ancient of practices, in which the whole man who is psychosomatic by design, turns towards the Lord.
[right][snapback]850622[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmm?

By the way...I'm all for facing [i]Ad Orientem[/i].

[quote]Some priests are less amendable and so we specially outfit their stoles with wires to shock them whenever they stray from the approved texts and attempt to leave the Sacristy to shake hands with everybody within 500 feet.[/quote]

that wouldn't be a bit distracting! to see a priest get shocked as he wondered up to shake your hand! :lol_roll: