An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Raelian Movement

Raelian1

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Dec 23 2005, 12:46 PM']Hmm, it would be interesting to have a debate with this Raelian, but it looks like he's a "one-stop" troll.  :(
[right][snapback]834778[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Probably. :(

Him and that "Mary is god" person could have had a fun conversation. :yawn:

such is life I suppose. :rolleyes:

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Dec 23 2005, 01:15 PM']did you guys ever see that episode of Dr. Phil w hen Dr. Phil talked to the head of the Raelian movement?  It was HILARIOUS.
[right][snapback]834813[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nope. (I wish I could say, "Who's Dr. Phil? Why doesn't he have a last name?") What made you laugh your buttocks off?

photosynthesis

well, they had the head of the Raelian movement on the show, and he got mad because Dr. Phil didn't wan to call him "Your Holiness." And the whole time Dr. Phil was saying stuff like "so um... your holiness... you actually believe in these alien scientists who created the universe" and whenever he said "your holiness" he looked like he was going to fall over laughing...

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Dec 23 2005, 02:00 PM']well, they had the head of the Raelian movement on the show, and he got mad because Dr. Phil didn't wan to call him "Your Holiness."  And the whole time Dr. Phil was saying stuff like "so um...  your holiness...  you actually believe in these alien scientists who created the universe"  and whenever he said "your holiness" he looked like he was going to fall over laughing...
[right][snapback]834861[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did he look like this:
[img]http://www.melefx.com/images/Coneheads/large/Image-30.jpg[/img]

ok so what about:

Miracles
Eucharistic miracles
miraculous cures
apparitions
etc..?

I suppose they are all lies huh? all though many miracles and apparitions have been witnessed by thousands of people at a time.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='scardella' date='Dec 23 2005, 03:16 PM']Did he look like this:
[img]http://www.melefx.com/images/Coneheads/large/Image-30.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]834876[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"WE ARE FROM FRANCE."

[quote name='Raelian1' date='Dec 23 2005, 03:56 PM']As far as I know, the Raelian Movement is the only religion that demystifies everything around us. Everything has a rational explanation. For those who never heard of the Raelian Movement here's a brief explanation: All life was created by scientists from another planet, including us. The universe in infinite in time and space. Rael, the last prophet, was given the resposibility by the Elohim (term used by Raelians for those scientists from another planet) to spread the final message to all humanity.
[right][snapback]834594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Should you not be a troll, and for now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt (I know phatpham but there's a Prince Myshkin in all of us...) would you care to defend this statement? Pointing out wherein you find errors within the Catholic system? Perhaps one of our Church Scholars would be able to answer you?

INXC
Myles

[quote name='Raelian1' date='Dec 23 2005, 09:56 AM']As far as I know, the Raelian Movement is the only religion that demystifies everything around us. Everything has a rational explanation. For those who never heard of the Raelian Movement here's a brief explanation: All life was created by scientists from another planet, including us. The universe in infinite in time and space. Rael, the last prophet, was given the resposibility by the Elohim (term used by Raelians for those scientists from another planet) to spread the final message to all humanity.
[right][snapback]834594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ok . . . scientists from another planet! it's all starting to make sense now!
I knew there had to a rational explanation to all this!

Well, Mr. Raelian1, if you see the big Rael, tell him I said "live long and prosper," and ask him where he got that alien/prophet outfit he wears, or maybe give me the address of his tailor.
See, I was thinking of starting this groovy space alien cloning cult myself, and was wondering where I could get some funky alien prophet threads to wear. My outfit would also include a triple-crown tiara like the Pope used to wear (I think it would lend an air of authority, especially among the Trad set), as well as a mitre/magic wand with a chrome skull at the end.
I'm looking for nubile young virgins between the ages of 18 and 25 to join my cult, which will be tentatively christened "The Purest Brides of Socrates," so let me know if you know anyone who might be interested. (no ugly chicks, please)

Btw - How's Rael's Flying Saucer Landing Pad building project going in Israel? Last I heard, those Jews were making it difficult for him.

And tell those alien scientists to go easy with those anal probes!

Live long and Prosper,

Socrates (the 4000-year-old Greek philospher)

[quote name='thedude' date='Dec 23 2005, 02:02 PM']Who made the scientists?
[right][snapback]834707[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Our creators were created by other scientists from another planet and those creators were created by other scientists from another planet and so on ad infinitum. There is no starting point. If we don't destroy ourselves, we too will create life on other planets.

[quote name='lifescanticle' date='Dec 23 2005, 02:19 PM']What religion are the scientists?
[right][snapback]834735[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They have no religion per se. The closest thing to a religion is the fact that geniuses are cherished in their society.