An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling of to Buffalo: The CALL

passionheart

[quote name='passionheart' date='Dec 22 2005, 08:46 PM']My friends,

I just got of the telephone with Sr. Rose of St.Mary. The Council voted yesterday and the will allow me to make the Aspirancy :D:

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. This is the first open door I had in about 20 yrs. I am so excited :lol_roll:

God has given me a wonderful Christmas gift. Blessed be the Lord and Praise be His Most Holy Name. Alleluia.

DonnaMarie
[right][snapback]834137[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i look forward to seeing a fellow pm'er, especially one beginning religious life.

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 9 2006, 11:22 AM']i look forward to seeing a fellow pm'er, especially one beginning religious life.
[right][snapback]850273[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

donna,

are you going to stay onto postulancy?

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 16 2006, 06:43 PM']donna,

are you going to stay onto postulancy?
[right][snapback]858117[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My friend, we see what will happen during the 3 weeks. If I do get a green light, I have to return to Canada and then come back. I couldn't stay.

DM

• 3 weeks later...

HI Everyone,

I am asking for prayers!!!

As you know I am spending Feb 12-March 3 to discern with the Dominican Nuns in Buffalo. I will be leaving Ottawa on Feb 11 and spend a night in Toronto then the following morning off to Buffalo.

The past week at my work has been very stressful and tough. So much so I thought about cancelling my trip to go down. However, in prayer and my through my friends I feel I am being to told to go!!

I spent Saturday in Poustinia at Madonna House and although, I wanted to cancel that as well, I am glad I went. I went exhausted and frustrated from work and the Lord in His kindness and mercy let me rest in Him, healed and strengthen me. So by His Grace I will go but I do ask for your prayers for this upcoming week.

Martha, a member of Madonna House told me she is not surprised at the week I had. She said I should expect adversity. As well, she said I should go or I am in trouble with her!!! I said I didn't see that in Catherine's Doherty "Little Mandate". She said read it in between the lines :D:

Thanks so much for your support!!!

Donna-Marie

Donna-Marie,

Soooooo many prayers with you as your journey to [b]Him[/b] takes you to Buffalo!!! Prayers for safe travel, peace of mind, and an open, courageous heart.

:)

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:27 PM']Prayers! The Nuns and I can't wait to see you!
[right][snapback]882220[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks Brendan for the well wishes!!

My friends I do ask for your prayers. I will be up all Friday night washing, packing and making sure all is well. My brother will drop me off at the train station on Saturday and I will begin my time in Buffalo.

As I said earlier the last two weeks at work have been so stressful that I was ready to call of my Aspirancy. Once again, the Lord showed me through a wonderful Dominican priest and my Poustinia at Madonna House that I have to surrender the situation to Him.

So the last two days, I surrender the office to God and I ask God to take care of the office since I am not its Messiah. By God's Mercy, things were better and the work I needed to finish is done. So now I am leaving with a peaceful heart.

Don't worry you will hear about when I return. May God bless you all for your generous loving prayers.

In His Peace,

DonnaMarie

Edited by passionheart