An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling of to Buffalo: The CALL

passionheart

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 23 2005, 01:37 PM']Donna Marie,

There was a joke floating around. My nephew came over last night and my brother came to pick him up, we were all tired, and I was laying in bed Brandon (my brother) comes in, and starts talking to his son and he was like:

"Its your aunties friends birthday on Sunday! A very special friend!" then I muttered under my breath: "And also my future spouse!" Then my mom commented on saying, "You mean...He is going to be my son-in-law?! I'll be saying guess who my son-in-law is? And people will be like who?"
[right][snapback]834683[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Apparently, in the biography of St. Catherine of Siena by Blessed Raymond Capua, Catherine's father made the same comment. Catherine had said to forget about a marriage for her because she had given herself to Jesus. Catherine's father realizing that this was his daughter's conviction, made a comment about what better son-law could he have in his family.

[quote name='passionheart' date='Dec 23 2005, 07:21 PM']Apparently, in the biography of St. Catherine of Siena by Blessed Raymond Capua, Catherine's father made the same comment. Catherine had said to forget about a marriage for her because she had given herself to Jesus. Catherine's father realizing that this was his daughter's conviction, made a comment about what better son-law could he have in his family.
[right][snapback]834988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

when are you beginning aspirancy donna?

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Dec 31 2005, 11:52 AM']when are you beginning aspirancy donna?
[right][snapback]841569[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I spoke to my supervisor this week and if Sr. Rose agrees, I am looking at second week of February. This way I don't disrupt the office too much.

DM

Edited by passionheart

hopefully i'll be able to meet you before you enter or when you leave. i'll be there for Mass tomorrow morning, and i'll keep you in my prayers.

Edited by brendan1104

passionheart

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Dec 31 2005, 07:12 PM']hopefully i'll be able to meet you before you enter or when you leave. i'll be there for Mass tomorrow morning, and i'll keep you in my prayers.
[right][snapback]842060[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the prayers Brendan because I need them. I started to get a little crazy this evening thinking about the time with good sisters. I had the sudden realization that this is REAL!!!!!! and AM I CRAZY to be considering this????

I wrote to a friend who is a Trappist monk and writing to him helped me calm down. Never thought I would start out 2006 really discerning a vocation. Nope, I was just getting to the No's and I think I was abandoning hope.

Well like I said to a friend this afternoon I didn't do much in regards to my meeting with these good sisters. All I did was write Sr. Rose and everything went on from there. My friend said "You see God said "Finally, she surrendered and now I can work!"

I think she is right!

Blessings for the New Year!!!

DM

Donnamarie,

Don't be silly!

Of course you have doubts. Of course you're getting cold feet. Of course you're scared.

Show me a bride to be who doesn't experience the same emotions and I'll show you somebody without emotions.

fwiw, Sr. Lauren experienced some of these same emotions. A few days before her entrance she started doubting her decision to enter 'so early'. She was frightened. It's totally natural.

And now? Now she is the happiest that I've ever seen her. The separation has been difficult but she KNOWS that she is where she belongs and she has expressed on many occasions in her letters how happy she is and how blessed she is.

This same happiness and blessedness awaits you.

Now go and grab it!!! (and keep us in your prayers)

passionheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Dec 31 2005, 09:12 PM']Donnamarie,

Don't be silly!

Of course you have doubts.  Of course you're getting cold feet.  Of course you're scared.

Show me a bride to be who doesn't experience the same emotions and I'll show you somebody without emotions.

fwiw, Sr. Lauren experienced some of these same emotions.  A few days before her entrance she started doubting her decision to enter 'so early'.  She was frightened.  It's totally natural.

And now?  Now she is the happiest that I've ever seen her.  The separation has been difficult but she KNOWS that she is where she belongs and she has expressed on many occasions in her letters how happy she is and how blessed she is.

This same happiness and blessedness awaits you.

Now go and grab it!!! (and keep us in your prayers)
[right][snapback]842127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ok Dad!!! but can't I have some moments of Silliness. Sometimes us older vocation types need to be immature sometimes ;)

Edited by passionheart

i hope to make a week's retreat in the chaplain's quarters or in the guesthouse during february, so i hope to see you! those nuns are awesome!

passionheart

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 4 2006, 09:42 PM']i hope to make a week's retreat in the chaplain's quarters or in the guesthouse during february, so i hope to see you! those nuns are awesome!
[right][snapback]846109[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Then it will be a date!!!

I have the green light from my workplace so on Sunday I will speak to Rose of St. Mary to finalize all the details.

Blessings

DM

passionheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 8 2006, 01:27 PM']It's almost countdown time.

How exciting.      :cool:
[right][snapback]849482[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I guess you are right. I spoke to Sr. Rose of St. Mary today and I will be with them from Feb 12-March 3 or 4. So let the preparations begin!!

Peace,

DM

[quote name='passionheart' date='Jan 8 2006, 03:05 PM']I guess you are right. I spoke to Sr. Rose of St. Mary today and I will be with them from Feb 12-March 3 or 4.  So let the preparations begin!!

Peace,

DM
[right][snapback]849648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's 35 days! Or like we said in the Army 34 days and a wakeup. :)