An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling of to Buffalo: The CALL

passionheart

My friends,

I just got of the telephone with Sr. Rose of St.Mary. The Council voted yesterday and the will allow me to make the Aspirancy :D:

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. This is the first open door I had in about 20 yrs. I am so excited :lol_roll:

God has given me a wonderful Christmas gift. Blessed be the Lord and Praise be His Most Holy Name. Alleluia.

DonnaMarie

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Dec 22 2005, 06:46 PM']My friends,

I just got of the telephone with Sr. Rose of St.Mary. The Council voted yesterday and the will allow me to make the Aspirancy :D:

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. This is the first open door I had in about 20 yrs. I am so excited :lol_roll:

God has given me a wonderful Christmas gift. Blessed be the Lord and Praise be His Most Holy Name. Alleluia.

DonnaMarie
[right][snapback]834137[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[color=red]Alleluia!!!!!![/color]

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Dec 22 2005, 08:53 PM']Awesome! Thanks be to God!
[right][snapback]834170[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Awesome indeed. I am so happy for you, passionheart. We are both Dominican nuns "in potentia" as the Summit nuns would say! May God bless you during your aspirancy and draw you closer to Himself. May Our Mother keep you in love of Him.

Edited by msahara

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Dec 22 2005, 09:05 PM']Congrats hon!!  Iam so happy for you!  When do you leave to make your aspirancy?

In JMJ
[right][snapback]834141[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you for the well wishes. I have to work tomorrow but I am having a hard time going to bed at this moment. ;)

I am thinking about going in Feb. So I have to look at the work schedule as well as any obligations I may have in the New Year. I told Sister I would be in touch with them soon. Funny, I thought I would handle this news either way very peaceful and calm. Instead, I am doing the dance :kicking: I am off next week so I will be spending the time going through the application forms and working on my spiritual autobiography.

So another door has opened and I will walk through this door with our Beloved. I am not racing ahead of Him trying see what might come afterwards, nope, I am letting the Lord BE Lord of my life now. In this I have peace.

DM

[quote name='passionheart' date='Dec 22 2005, 09:02 PM']Thank you for the well wishes. I have to work tomorrow but I am having a hard time going to bed at this moment. ;)

I am thinking about going in Feb. So I have to look at the work schedule as well as any obligations I may have in the New Year. I told Sister I would be in touch with them soon.  Funny, I thought I would handle this news either way very peaceful and calm. Instead, I am doing the dance :kicking:  I am off next week so I will be spending the time going through the application forms and working on my spiritual autobiography.

So another door has opened and I will walk through this door with our Beloved. I am not racing ahead of Him trying see what might come afterwards, nope, I am letting the Lord BE Lord of my life now. In this I have  peace.

DM
[right][snapback]834225[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It sounds like you are in the right frame of mind!

God bless you,
Jenny

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 23 2005, 12:59 AM']It sounds like you are in the right frame of mind!

God bless you,
Jenny
[right][snapback]834405[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: How wonderful! Congratulations!

DonnaMarie,

I'll be there for Midnight Mass!

I'm so happy for you!

What great Sisters!

When will you begin aspirancy?

- Brendan

Congrats! I'm another proud member of the Dominican Aspirants Club, although at the Summit Monastery. I leave for my aspirancy Jan. 5th and get back on the 24th, so I'll have lots of stories to share!

One of the nuns at the [url="http://www.vistyr.org/index.html"]Visitation Monastery[/url] in Tyringham had some very good advice

"Sr. Miriam Rose recommended to me to think of the monastery and its inhabitants as a whole new country (or planet, even) where the culture is totally different. The people dress differently, they talk a different language. Their customs and traditions are all new and must be studied and learned"

The section on their website called [url="http://www.vistyr.org/novitiate.html"]Novitiate Notes[/url] that has lots of tips on adjusting to the monastic life.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes!

AlterDominicus

Donna Marie,

There was a joke floating around. My nephew came over last night and my brother came to pick him up, we were all tired, and I was laying in bed Brandon (my brother) comes in, and starts talking to his son and he was like:

"Its your aunties friends birthday on Sunday! A very special friend!" then I muttered under my breath: "And also my future spouse!" Then my mom commented on saying, "You mean...He is going to be my son-in-law?! I'll be saying guess who my son-in-law is? And people will be like who?"