An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yeshua or Jesus?

PadreSantiago

[quote]I hope you're being sarcastic. His name is however Jesus is translated into the langauge you're speaking. Call him Jesus, Yeshua, Iesus, Iesous, Isusu, Ye-Su. . They're the same person. When St. Peter and Paul baptize thousands, they did not do it in Latin, or Hebrew, but the language of the people. Again, to say otherwise is ridiculous, historically inaccurate, and boardering in heresy. (Remember the doctrine of "Three Holy Langauges" was condemend, although speculations do exist of theologuma). Still though, This thread is silly.
As William Shakespeare said, "If we call a rose by any other name would it smell as sweet?" "If we call Yeshua by any other name would he still bestow his grace?"
Of course he would. [/quote]

I am not saying that if you call God the Son Jesus, or Iesous or anything that God the Son will not hear you! I was saying that the name "Jesus" was the perfect English word for the Latin word "Iesus" because it is so much like it! I was saying that I just think the offocial way to say the name of God the Son is "Iesus"

Call him Yeshua, call him Jesus, call him Lord, call him Christ. Whatever. It's all the same.

Heck, most Jews had multiple names. Saul/Paul. Simon/Cephas/Peter.

Edited by Era Might