An Old School Catholic Message Board

a couples question

benedictaj

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:13 PM']Women are generally at the peak of their physical attractiveness somewhere between 18 and 25.
[right][snapback]832235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dang...this is my peak.... <_<

:lol_pound:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 20 2005, 08:13 PM']If the man has truly established himself professionally, and is doing well financially, his wife wouldn't necessarily have to work full-time (though this depends on the individual financial situation).
What the woman's professional work experience has to do with anything here is rather beyond me.  And in fact, the more established he is professionally and financially, the better he can afford a wife who doesn't work.
(And I think the modern world considers career and money too all-important in these kinds of things.)
And 22 year old women may be young, but they are hardly children.
[b]Women are generally at the peak of their physical attractiveness somewhere between 18 and 25.[/b]
[/quote]
this cant be good :ohno:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 20 2005, 06:08 PM']every couple should be exactly three years and ten months different.... :mellow:
[right][snapback]832124[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Crud.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Dec 20 2005, 08:17 PM']this cant be good :ohno:
[right][snapback]832291[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sorry - foot in mouth disease there!

(I'm a guy, but I can admit I'm physically past my prime.)
Women can stay attractive long after 25 of course - I was just speaking from a purely physical perspective - and there's a lot more to attractiveness than the purely physical!

My main poin there was simply that there is nothing at all mysterious or weird at all about why a 35-year-old would be attracted to a 22-year-old.

Men will find 22-year-olds attractive throughout their lives. Whether it is appropropriate for them to date or marry 22-year-olds is another question.

That's all.

I think the main concern is not a physical age thing... It's more a maturity issue. If there is a large maturity gap, that's a lot worse than a physical age gap.

So, yes, the evaluation has to be made on a case-by-case basis. :)

[quote name='scardella' date='Dec 20 2005, 10:20 PM']I think the main concern is not a physical age thing... It's more a maturity issue.  If there is a large maturity gap, that's a lot worse than a physical age gap. 

So, yes, the evaluation has to be made on a case-by-case basis. :)
[right][snapback]832351[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This just proves my point.

The guy must be older. :ninja:

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Dec 20 2005, 10:25 PM']This just proves my point.

The guy must be older.  :ninja:
[right][snapback]832355[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/LittleIrishRose/Smilies/confused71.gif[/img]

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:01 PM']My first instinct  as a mother would be to ask the following:

Why a 35 year old man, who has established himself professionally and grown by leaps and bounds personally, would date a young 22 year old who has yet to finish college and begin to work....

[right][snapback]832228[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

When you consider the moral situation of the world today, if the male is an upright Catholic and simply hasn't found an upright Catholic girl in his own age group but has found one in your daughter's, you should be on your knees praising God that a good Catholic male finally got his prayers answered.....

Besides, if he wants a larger family, a 22-year old more than likely will bear him more children than someone who is also 35.

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='Luthien' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:22 PM']Dang...this is my peak.... <_<

:lol_pound:
[right][snapback]832244[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh please, you're gorgeous :P:

photosynthesis

my 44 year old uncle's dating a 24 year old man. it's SO weird because not only is it a homosexual relationship, but the boyfriend is closer in age to me than my uncle... it's making the holiday season really awkward, since no one in my family has a problem with this except for me and my cousins (who all don't like the fact that this guy is in our age group). i guess in the gay community dating guys in their 20's is some kind of status symbol... talk about intrinsically disordered. my grandma just says "well that's just how gay men are"

the really disordered thing is, if I'm 22 and I date a 42 year old man, you'd better believe she'd have a heart attack.

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Dec 20 2005, 10:37 PM']

the really disordered thing is, if I'm 22 and I date a 42 year old man, you'd better believe she'd have a heart attack.
[right][snapback]832437[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Tell her, "Well, that's just how straight men are"...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:13 PM']Women are generally at the peak of their physical attractiveness somewhere between 18 and 25.
[/quote]
:sadder: :sadder: :sadder:
:weep: :weep: :weep: