An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pan Traditionalism

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 20 2005, 12:20 PM']this is what im mostly interested in. if someone went between an indult, and the sspx, and the novus ordo. and didn't know which group was correct.
[right][snapback]831766[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If it was a question of not knowing which is correct, I would say that they need to then do a little more research and prayer...but I don't think that someone should continue going between the different Masses, for lots of reasons.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 20 2005, 10:20 AM']this is what im mostly interested in. if someone went between an indult, and the sspx, and the novus ordo. and didn't know which group was correct.
[right][snapback]831766[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The indult and novus ordo mass are both correct. Theres no way to judge which one is 'correct' when they both are.

As I understand it, it is morally illict to recieve the sacraments from a SSPX Priest. So in judging if it is correct, the simple answer is no.

Pope John Paul II on the SSPX ""I wish especially to make an appeal both solemn and heartfelt, paternal and fraternal, to all those who until now have been linked in various ways to the movement of Archbishop Lefebvre, that they may fulfill the grave duty of remaining united to the vicar of Christ in the unity of the Catholic Church and of ceasing their support in any way for that movement. Everyone should be aware that formal adherence to the schism is a grave offense against God and carries the penalty of excommunication decreed by the church’s law" (Ecclesia Dei 5c)"