An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's the greater enemy?

Socrates

What is a greater threat to the Faith?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wait are we talking politics here?

like islamic fundimentalism vs libralism

ie osama vs ted kennedy?

id have to say both are equally dangerous

at least fundimentalism recognises a god
and Liberalism is the immediate danger to the US

odd thing is - this is the edge Islamic states would have over a liberal secularist America... they are not afraid to site religion, where we would be soooooooo worried about offending and then we would be rolled over faster than France

[quote name='Myles' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:48 AM']MC Just always has the right lyrics for freestyle threads like this. :thumbsup:

INXC
Myles
[right][snapback]831468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
you know the facts, then - the truth
and Just brings the truth

daugher-of-Mary

Liberalism (more specifically, relativism)

At least fundies have some sense of "mystery" and don't have to bother with being their own "god"

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:38 PM']At least fundies have some sense of "mystery" and don't have to bother with being their own "god"
[right][snapback]831839[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's not always the case ... some fundies I've known tend toward a very legalistic interpretation of the faith, which tends to erase most of the mystery of it.

lifescanticle

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 18 2005, 08:45 PM']This has nothing to do with any recent topics, but is just something I was curious about - could spark some interesting debate.

Have fun!  :)
[right][snapback]830177[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Liberalism without doubt for me. In general liberalism is supportive of both euthanasia and abortion. A belief system where death is encouraged- promoted- can only be destructive to any society i the long run.
Fundamentalism certainly has its negatives, yet it does not place the high emphysis on death that liberalism does (capital punishment is an exception).

PadreSantiago

i don't understand this poll. Are we talking about relgious fundamentalists in general? Because we are supposedly fighting a war right now against these people. And yet you feel the bigger threat are liberals in america? It boogles my mind

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 20 2005, 05:22 PM']i don't understand this poll.  Are we talking about relgious fundamentalists in general?  Because we are supposedly fighting a war right now against these people.  And yet you feel the bigger threat are liberals in america?  It boogles my mind
[right][snapback]832136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I thought "these people" are the "good guys" in that war. :rolleyes:

This poll concerned the Cathoic Faith, btw.
So its more about Christian "Fundamentalists." (who you'd consider "bad guys" unless I'm mistaken.)

PadreSantiago

what are you babbling about. How does "these people" which would be terrorists, not iraqi insurgents, turn into the "good guys." Aren't we fighting a war on terror? Or whatever kids are calling it these days. I'm still stuck on the frontlines of the war on the drugs, i really think we can fight ideas too. Next we can start a war on soda or maybe a war on anger. I can't wait!

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 20 2005, 05:40 PM']. . .  i really think we can fight ideas too.  [right][snapback]832159[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's actually old hat. It's called "political correctness."

Ever heard of something called "hate-crime" legislation? :rolleyes:

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:22 PM']i don't understand this poll.  Are we talking about relgious fundamentalists in general?  Because we are supposedly fighting a war right now against these people.  And yet you feel the bigger threat are liberals in america?  It boogles my mind
[right][snapback]832136[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
because the Liberal activists in the US seem so intent on us not winning that war are doing all they can to hinder it, give aid and comfort to the enemy, and expose us and allow us to be attacked AGAIN
they seem to wanna see us attacked repeatedly as we were in the 1990's

BTW – I like your Saddam avatar

PadreSantiago

liberals aren't in the military they aren't fighting the war so they have no effect on the outcome of the war. The numerous protests around the world proved that.

and thanks I like your carl avatar! Aqua teen hunger force rules!