An Old School Catholic Message Board

Initials of certain orders

TheOliverOrder88

TheOliverOrder88

I found a initial to an order that is "O.P." and I am not certain what order it is from.

Its just a quick question, not intended of long conversation. :)

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:13 AM']I found a initial to an order that is "O.P." and I am not certain what order it is from.

Its just a quick question, not intended of long conversation. :)
[right][snapback]829357[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

O.P. stands for Order of Preachers, also known as the Dominican Order.

TheOliverOrder88

Ok, gotcha, now that makes sense.

I found a cape with the name of a Dominican brother's name in it. Must have been donated...thanks!

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Dec 18 2005, 01:27 AM']Ok, gotcha, now that makes sense.

I found a cape with the name of a Dominican brother's name in it. Must have been donated...thanks!
[right][snapback]829390[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know you don't want this to be a long post but here is a link that gives you most of the religious order initials. I printed this out and keep it by me so I can figure out which orders are which.

Cheers.

DM

[url="http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/3975/order.htm"]http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/3975/order.htm[/url]

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:27 AM']Ok, gotcha, now that makes sense.

[right][snapback]829390[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

your welcome:)

[quote name='msahara' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:17 AM']O.P. stands for Order of Preachers, also known as the Dominican Order.
[right][snapback]829368[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ditto

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Dec 19 2005, 10:38 AM']The Brothers at my school, (initials are "F.S.C.) would always say they meant "For Sure Cool" whenever we asked.
[right][snapback]830496[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!! :P:

TheOliverOrder88

You know what? I think I just created one of those silly games we play.

I think it would be proper for Franciscan University of Steubenville's mascot should be the Tornados. They are are run by the Franciscans Third Order Regular (if I am correct) TOR...

TORnados.

I have a brilliant idea.

Everyone give the initials of one of their favorite orders, and the rest of us figure out what they are without looking it up!

I'll start.

V.H.M.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Dec 19 2005, 09:38 AM']The Brothers at my school, (initials are "F.S.C.) would always say they meant "For Sure Cool" whenever we asked.
[right][snapback]830496[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cool! You have actual brothers at your school?! Teaching you...or there for an education?

Kristina