An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boarding School

photosynthesis

Earthsea Annie

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2005, 07:40 PM']You take the good... You take the bad...

You take 'em both and there you have:

[img]http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/shows/facts.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]827515[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I used to watch that show religiously.

Actually, when I was a teenager, I used to wish my parents WOULD send me off somewhere. Didn't happen, however.

I don't think it's a good idea. Parents should be involved with their kids, not sending them off to somewhere, unless their kid needs professional help and needs to be sent to a place for troubled kids. Then it's ok, because it's out of the parents hands. Discerning is also Ok as well, but just to be free of their kids is not a good reason to do it.

[quote name='Earthsea Annie' date='Dec 16 2005, 08:47 PM']Actually, when I was a teenager, I used to wish my parents WOULD send me off somewhere. Didn't happen, however.
[right][snapback]828731[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, me too... :mellow:

I was -><- this far from going (at my insistence) to a Quaker boarding school... where students grew their own vegetables! :hehe:

I chickened out.

Earthsea Annie

[quote name='philothea' date='Dec 18 2005, 11:40 AM']Yeah, me too...  :mellow:

I was -><- this far from going (at my insistence) to a Quaker boarding school... where students grew their own vegetables!  :hehe:

I chickened out.
[right][snapback]829789[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wouldn't have wanted to do that. I've only recently developed any sort of affinity for playing in the dirt.

My school was a mix of boarders and day pupils but that wasn't too much of an issue. Generally the foreigners were boarders and the locals were day pupils, but the houses all had a large mix so it was ok.

The ethos was based on fierce competition and one-upmanship so there wasn't much tme for slacking off, at least not until you left....