An Old School Catholic Message Board

Home Schooling

Church Punk

I should note that the opinions I expressed in this thread were made many years ago. My opinions have changed and been refined considerably over the years. :detective:

Edited by Era Might

Winchester

[quote name='TheoGrad07' date='21 December 2005 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1135140502' post='832382']
Yep Socrates ... I'm a "she" ... :) What made you think otherwise?
[/quote]
Probably the beard.

Malajacafa

I would've loved to have homeschooled. In this day and age, clearly-clearly it's the best option. But my husband is all about our kids having a formal education. So, I trust it to God and I try not to worry about it, I just pray. [img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/Jacafamala/prayer3.gif[/img]

But I still teach them. I teach them about God at home. I try to teach them about how they can get to heaven. I try to teach them how to be kind to each other and also to clean up after themselves. And I try to teach them to appreciate and great music and art. So, I'm their teacher. :)

Winchester

Your husband has been fooled by the Establishment. His eyes are closed, he's sleepin', man.

MissScripture

[quote name='Era Might' date='30 June 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1277945844' post='2136415']
I should note that the opinions I expressed in this thread were made many years ago. My opinions have changed and been refined considerably over the years. :detective:
[/quote]
I was reading your posts and thinking how funny it was, given what I've read of your current views on education!

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='Malajacafa' date='30 June 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1277946487' post='2136420']
I would've loved to have homeschooled. In this day and age, clearly-clearly it's the best option. But my husband is all about our kids having a formal education. So, I trust it to God and I try not to worry about it, I just pray. [img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/Jacafamala/prayer3.gif[/img]

But I still teach them. I teach them about God at home. I try to teach them about how they can get to heaven. I try to teach them how to be kind to each other and also to clean up after themselves. And I try to teach them to appreciate and great music and art. So, I'm their teacher. :)
[/quote]

I highly recommend the Baltimore Catechism I & II.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Era Might' date='30 June 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1277945844' post='2136415']
[/quote]

flip-flopper, you should run for office :smokey:

Malajacafa

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' date='01 July 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1277961643' post='2136497']
I highly recommend the Baltimore Catechism I & II.
[/quote]
:) They use them @ home & church.

Malajacafa

[quote name='Winchester' date='30 June 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1277947613' post='2136426']
Your husband has been fooled by the Establishment. His eyes are closed, he's sleepin', man.
[/quote]

An yer finga nails are too long. :P

homeschoolmom

[quote name='ksterling' date='01 July 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1278000351' post='2136590']
IT's too bad that the state of public education makes people want to home school.
[/quote]
Some people would homeschool regardless of the state of public education.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='01 July 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1278002006' post='2136604']
Some people would homeschool regardless of the state of public education.
[/quote]
Your new blobfish avatar makes me want to start a fanclub for you.

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='01 July 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1277962086' post='2136498']
flip-flopper, you should run for office :smokey:
[/quote]
You could be my running mate. We could call you Vice President "Sedevacantist-turned-humble-subject-of-Pope-Benedict-XVI."

:soccer:

Edited by Era Might