An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stanley Tookie Williams

Brother Adam

Guest Rick777

Yes, I'm aware that there is a another post about this man, but since it is in support of his murder I decided to make a post AGAINST his murder. This man's life was determined before time began, God knew Him and He knew when he would be born and when he would die. To try to take the role of God and take away his life is wrong. Stanley Tookie Williams is already incarcerated , he is no threat to anyone now( whether he is ordering deaths in jail sounds like a bunch of gossip). This man should live, whether he is truly guilty or not, I do not know but I do know he should live.

Agree. :(

More than anything, I hate the joy in vengeance that executions bring out in people.

God can take care of punishing the guilty. We can take care of keeping society safe... without killing anyone.

You are right. I'm also against the death penatly. I mean, Pro-life is for all life, is it not? Even though he did bad things.

[mod]this is the same topic, we don't do two seperate threads for two seperate positions... there'd be no debate!, merged -Aloysius[/mod]

[quote name='Rick777' date='Dec 13 2005, 02:40 AM']Mr. Williams has died at 12:36 am, Lord Have Mercy on America
[right][snapback]823059[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Lord have mercy on Tookie. He just met his Maker and will have to make an account for the lives of Albert Owens, Tsai-Shai Yang, and Ye-Chin Lin.

[quote name='Christie_M' date='Dec 13 2005, 12:49 AM']You are right. I'm also against the death penatly. I mean, Pro-life is for all life, is it not? Even though he did bad things.
[right][snapback]822920[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes it is. If anyone finds joy in his execution, they are sick and need mental help. I'm for life too, and am against the death penalty except in cases where even inprisonment can't keep people safe, which is apparently the case. In that case the Catholic Church approves of the death penalty.

As someone who was awake[i] On the East Coast[/i] when Williams died, I assure everyone that the skies did not open up, nor did the moon become as blood. He got what our meager human justice determined was the appropriate punishment. Now, prayers for his eternal soul, as he faces a much greater Justice.

Does anyone else find it ironic that we are discussing whether this thug deserves to live or die? Where were all the protesters debating whether or not the four people he killed in cold blood deserved to live or die? Where are all the protesters of the thousands of murders, rapes, drug deals, robberies, etc. that have been carried out by the gang that he founded, even if Williams wasn't directly involved. I am sorry for the man. I said a prayer for him last night before going to bed, but because of him, four people directly lost their lives, thousands more indirectly. Thousands of young black and Latino women have been sexually violated, many businesses have been robbed, people have seen their lives ruined by drugs, I could go on and on. No, Williams should not have been executed, but he is not the victim here. Let's keep that in mind. Innocent people in inner city Los Angeles, Chicago, and other major cities where the Crips operate are the victims.

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Dec 13 2005, 07:53 AM']Does anyone else find it ironic that we are discussing whether this thug deserves to live or die?  Where were all the protesters debating whether or not the four people he killed in cold blood deserved to live or die?  Where are all the protesters of the thousands of murders, rapes, drug deals, robberies, etc. that have been carried out by the gang that he founded, even if Williams wasn't directly involved.  I am sorry for the man.  I said a prayer for him last night before going to bed, but because of him, four people directly lost their lives, thousands more indirectly.  Thousands of young black and Latino women have been sexually violated, many businesses have been robbed, people have seen their lives ruined by drugs, I could go on and on.  No, Williams should not have been executed, but he is not the victim here.  Let's keep that in mind.  Innocent people in inner city Los Angeles, Chicago, and other major cities where the Crips operate are the victims.
[right][snapback]823149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
agreed except he most definitely [i]should[/i] have been executed.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Dec 13 2005, 09:29 AM']Lord have mercy on Tookie. He just met his Maker and will have to make an account for the lives of Albert Owens, Tsai-Shai Yang, and Ye-Chin Lin.
[right][snapback]823126[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Really? There is a thing called perfect act of contrition. If he did make a perfect act of confession, then he already did that.

Unfortuntately the State of California decided it was better to kill him rather than continue to rehabilitate him.

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Dec 13 2005, 09:53 AM']Does anyone else find it ironic that we are discussing whether this thug deserves to live or die?  Where were all the protesters debating whether or not the four people he killed in cold blood deserved to live or die?  Where are all the protesters of the thousands of murders, rapes, drug deals, robberies, etc. that have been carried out by the gang that he founded, even if Williams wasn't directly involved.  I am sorry for the man.  I said a prayer for him last night before going to bed, but because of him, four people directly lost their lives, thousands more indirectly.  Thousands of young black and Latino women have been sexually violated, many businesses have been robbed, people have seen their lives ruined by drugs, I could go on and on.  No, Williams should not have been executed, but he is not the victim here.  Let's keep that in mind.  Innocent people in inner city Los Angeles, Chicago, and other major cities where the Crips operate are the victims.
[right][snapback]823149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You can't put the sins of others on him. You know that is not a correct view.