An Old School Catholic Message Board

they just don't get it

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 7 2005, 04:50 PM']These people are neo-Protestants at best.
[right][snapback]815816[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That gives Protestants a bad name!

They're just secular-styled liberals calling themselves "Catholic" while opposing everything the Church stands for.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 7 2005, 04:54 PM']That gives Protestants a bad name!

They're just secular-styled liberals calling themselves "Catholic" while opposing everything the Church stands for.
[right][snapback]815820[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They certainly do oppose quite a lot of what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught to be calling themselves "Catholic." It makes one wonder why they would find a faith that they so often disagree with so attractive -- at least attractive enough to want to call themselves followers of it.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. Someone needs to tell them that a real, mature faith doesn't work that way.

Edited by Nathan

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 7 2005, 05:05 PM']They certainly do oppose quite a lot of what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught to be calling themselves "Catholic." It makes one wonder why they would find a faith that they so often disagree with so attractive -- at least attractive enough to call themselves followers of it.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. Someone needs to tell them that a real, mature faith doesn't work that way.
[right][snapback]815833[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Remember LittleLes? ;) :) :cool:

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 7 2005, 05:11 PM']Vaguely. What was he all about again?
[right][snapback]815842[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Pretty much like you described.
Modernist troll. Called himself Catholic, yet denied just about everything in the Creed - the Incarnation, the Resurrection, the divinity of Christ, the Papacy, the Bible, etc., etc., etc.

And he loved to use lots of obnoxious smilies.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Dec 7 2005, 08:47 PM']Modernist troll.  Called himself Catholic, yet denied just about everything in the Creed - the Incarnation, the Resurrection, the divinity of Christ, the Papacy, the Bible, etc., etc., etc.[right][snapback]816098[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Someone should cancel his subscriptions to [i]America[/i] and [i]Commonweal[/i].

Interesting point my poli sci professor brought up.

It was in the context of international relations, but I thought he made a good point. American Catholics and Reformed Jews are essentially Protestants in their culture and outlook. America is an undeniably Protestant country, with Protestant ideals of self-determination and the like. Those ideals are instilled in every American, and they do NOT jibe with Catholicism. Is Jesus a President or a King? Quite obviously, He was not elected God. Americans and indeed all democracies view authority as being derived from the consenting governed. So, American Catholics are at a disadvantage when it comes to their loyalties. All too often, their loyalties lie with themselves first. I'm sure if you think about it you'll get what I'm saying.

I have become increasingly aware that America is inhospitable to Catholicism. Without active evangelization, it will become even more so. We need to convert Protestants and atheists alike to[i] Catholicism[/i].

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='beatty07' date='Dec 7 2005, 12:53 PM']What are you crazy people talking about?  Thank God for the National Catholic Reporter.  If not for them, who would teach us the Deposit of Faith, entrusted to the Apostles and passed down through the generations?  Without the NCR, how would we know with certainty the authentic interpretation of Scripture and Tradition?

You are all heretics, dissenting from the inherited dogmas of progressive orthodoxy.  I hereby pronounce you anathema and bar you from all our GBLT marches and drum circles and yoga sessions.
[right][snapback]815439[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling:

omgosh! haha

[quote name='Nathan' date='Dec 7 2005, 07:05 PM']They certainly do oppose quite a lot of what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught to be calling themselves "Catholic." It makes one wonder why they would find a faith that they so often disagree with so attractive -- at least attractive enough to want to call themselves followers of it.

[right][snapback]815833[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Episcopal Church USA, liberal views, Catholic feel..... why don't we just trade our liberals for their conservatives?

You think that's bad? You should try the New Oxford Review. It's heresy on the extreme right. Things like God hates some people. Unngh.

Please tell me this is not from a Catholic printing press'... please please please...

Too many things to say... need to cool off before I explode...

I might have laughed if this was pass off as a satire...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Didacus' date='Dec 8 2005, 02:27 PM']Please tell me this is not from a Catholic printing press'... please please please...

Too many things to say... need to cool off before I explode...

I might have laughed if this was pass off as a satire...
[right][snapback]817115[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the National Catholic Reporter , also known as heretic's heaven

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Dec 8 2005, 02:15 PM']the National Catholic Reporter , also known as heretic's heaven
[right][snapback]817178[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The National Catholic Reporter - because people deserve to know the truth?!?!?!

How lovely.

I like it... really... (no, not really)

lovely....

Wake me up in 100 years when this theology of lib. and culture of death is gone will ya.....

just lovely.... :annoyed: