An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus's Omniscience?

rkwright

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Dec 10 2005, 12:30 PM']So you want to start a new thread and explain them all? :D:
[right][snapback]819705[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 10 2005, 10:15 AM']no offense to anyone: but when did opentheism become an option for Catholics? when where their ever philisophical options?  what ever happened to Thomism?
[right][snapback]819652[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I would challenge the idea that open theism is an option for Catholics. It's a controversy within Evangelical Protestantism. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to say about it. But good luck finding Catholic Theologians, who even mention it, or necessarily know about it.

From a Catholic perspective, as I believe I've shown to some extent in the thread about the subject, it is incredibly problematic. See especially my last post on page 5 of the TwT thread.

I brought up some points in that thread in which open theism is at odds with Catholic dogma. Until these issues are adequately addressed, I'd say consider it a problematic novelty, not a legitimate option.
I really don't see this as possible. I will soon be reading some key books on open theism and intend to put together a formal comparison with Catholic dogma and theology.
I'm actually really looking forward to this endeavor. But of course there are more levels of complexity. Besides the metaphysical and theological problematics, the exegetical method should be criticized, as should the supposed appeal to modern science in support of its world-view. I will hopefully be able to involve friends and acquaintances who are experts in their respective fields. I will also attempt to get an [i]imprimatur [/i]once the project is complete.

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Dec 10 2005, 11:30 AM']So you want to start a new thread and explain them all? :D:
[right][snapback]819705[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote]I would challenge the idea that open theism is an option for Catholics. It's a controversy within Evangelical Protestantism. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to say about it. But good luck finding Catholic Theologians, who even mention it, or necessarily know about it.

From a Catholic perspective, as I believe I've shown to some extent in the thread about the subject, it is incredibly problematic. See especially my last post on page 5 of the TwT thread.

I brought up some points in that thread in which open theism is at odds with Catholic dogma. Until these issues are adequately addressed, I'd say consider it a problematic novelty, not a legitimate option.
I really don't see this as possible. I will soon be reading some key books on open theism and intend to put together a formal comparison with Catholic dogma and theology.
I'm actually really looking forward to this endeavor. But of course there are more levels of complexity. Besides the metaphysical and theological problematics, the exegetical method should be criticized, as should the supposed appeal to modern science in support of its world-view. I will hopefully be able to involve friends and acquaintances who are experts in their respective fields. I will also attempt to get an imprimatur once the project is complete.[/quote]

hahaha, sounds like LD is definately the go-to guy on this one, so I'm off the hook :P: