An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Open Letter To The Moderator

John Lowell

[quote name='SarahB' date='Dec 1 2005, 12:56 PM']Yeah, I totally resent being called a Republican. I'm much further to the right.  :saint:
[right][snapback]807013[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolling:

John your behavior reminds me of somebody I know.

Anyways, note to the pham:

Lets just close down this thread and move on with life. Their are much higher quality topics to discuss, rather than if dUSt filied a paper or not. The point here is that while John might find amusement in this thread, he consumes are time, and we could be discussing much better items. John, if you need to say something to dUSt, might I recommend the PM method. Ohh and cheer up bud lifes not all that bad.

God Bless.

:deal:

I don't think there's anything you can actually do to this organization. Even if they are considered a 501©(3) through the IRS, so is the YMCA (Young Mens CHRISTIAN Association) which charges $32 a month for membership (the same as 24 hour fitness and other similar non-tax exempt organizations. Moveon.org is considered a 501©(4) which is just to classify what kind of an organization it is, but it has the same rights and priveliges as any other tax-exempt (George Soros donated $64 million to moveon.org to fund a smear campaign against President Bush. Planned Parenthood is a 501c3 and their President, Gloria Feldt, makes a sick $374,329 per year. If these organizations arent breaking any laws, Phatmass is definitely not breaking any laws.

Furthermore, neither the State of Texas nor any other state has the authority to affect the status of any tax-exempt organizations with the IRS. The IRS is a FEDERAL institution run by the FEDERAL government. Just because a person files a complaint doesn't mean that an organization is in violation.

During the last presidential election, there were reports of audits by the Federal Elections Commission on both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. Bradley Smith, the Chairman of the FEC, spoke during a couple of my classes at school and said that they have to investigate every report, but only because there was a complaint, and usually it's just a political scam. Anyone can file a complaint with any organization, and the complaint must be investigated.

Edited by Matty_boy

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Black Friday' date='Nov 30 2005, 12:52 AM'][quote name='Era Might']The thought passed my mind as well (that he's toying with us). He seems like an intelligent enough man. But suddenly, Good Friday shows up and supports John Lowell. Good Friday, of course, is an intelligent person with a grudge against Catholicism (and Phatmass).

Draw your own conclusions.[/quote]
Actually, I'm [i]not[/i] John Lowell. It's just a happy coincidence that there happens to be another disgruntled Catholic here who hasn't either left in frustration or been suspended yet. If you don't believe me, I think dUSt can check our IP addresses (which, in my case, he might want to think about blocking...) and see that we're not the same person.

I only came back to insult the pope following the release of the perfidious document today. I have no intention of sticking around, I'm sure I'll be promptly suspended.
[right][snapback]804804[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I hope you went to Confession for your last visit here, Nathan.

Kilroy the Ninja

Since this isn't much of a debate, and really complaints should be handled privately, and it's been requested, I'll close this thread.

dUSt can reopen it if he so desires (since it's his website and all).

It's an amusing but increasingly uncharitable thread.

God Bless!

[quote name='John Lowell' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:26 AM']dUSt,

Talk about open mouth insert foot, jail time may be just a tad closer than you think what with the taxing authorties in Texas reporting Phatmass Inc as "Not In Good Standing" as of December 1, 2005, dUSt:

[url="http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=phatmass%20inc%20&Button=search&Search_ID=32014679859"]http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cp..._ID=32014679859[/url]

Now what the meaning might be of this development or how the founder of a Repub ... , I mean, "Catholic" site with such a fine, supporting community of pious people could get his teat in a wringer this way I just couldn't say. But you may want to give your contributors an explanation. I know I'd sure want one of I'd given you money.

John Lowell
[right][snapback]806870[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks for the link! That's awesome! Now I can show all my friends.