An Old School Catholic Message Board

Iraq abuse 'as bad as Saddam era'

PadreSantiago

[quote name='rkwright' date='Dec 3 2005, 03:56 PM']WWII a success? or let hitler continue to mass murder his own people?  But you're right, we stuck our nose in that one too and people got killed... shame on us for trying to stop genocide.
[right][snapback]809932[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We overthrew a legitimate government and a democratically elected one. We shouldn't have stuck our nose in and gotten people killed.

PadreSantiago

ww2 is the exception that proves the rule, and you might recall that america stayed out of that war for as long as possible. We could of ended it way sooner but we didn't because the american public wanted nothing to do with it. OH and yea saddam hussain wasn't anything like hitler, hitler was a smart man who wanted to rule the world, saddam isn't a 100th of the evil that was adolf hitler and the nazis.

Edited by PadreSantiago

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 3 2005, 08:15 AM']OHHHHH i thought this article was just rhetoric!  It means something now? 

And to the question of whether or not the us would kill 2000 people in one day LETS SEE THERE'S THIS THING CALLED AN ATOMIC BOMB we dropped it on a little country called JAPAN and killed half a million people in a SECOND!  Saddam could never even dream to kill as many people as america has.  Do you know how many people died by our hand in the Vietnam war?
[right][snapback]809463[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 3 2005, 08:41 AM']What does Guatamala, Iran, Cuba, Brazil, Vietnam, Chile and Iraq all have in common?

OHHHHHH I KNOW!  America stuck it's big fat nose in other peoples business and PEOPLE DIE!
guatamala-Us topples a democratically elected government, 45 years of murder and massacre follow...

Iran-1950s Iran has a democracy  us undermines it....

Cuba-The Us secretly fund the military invasion of cuba and tries multiple times to assassinate Fidel Castro.

Brazil-Us sponsers military coup and topples another democratically elected government, Brazil gets  21 years of brutal military rule....

Vietnam-What do I even have to say about Vietnam.  At least 3 million peple die...More bombs dropped on N. Vietnam than the total dropped on Italy Britain and Japan during WW2

Chile- Secretly the Us, engineers a military coup....thousands are tortured and killed.

=(
[right][snapback]809476[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 3 2005, 08:51 PM']oh yeah and why are you geniuses thread jacking?  This thread is about how we are still torturing people in iraq.
[right][snapback]810070[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I guess I don't even need to say anything

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Dec 3 2005, 06:51 PM']oh yeah and why are you geniuses thread jacking?  This thread is about how we are still torturing people in iraq.
[right][snapback]810070[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You were the one that brought up other conflicts. Once you bring other confilcts, you cannot accuse others of threadjacking, my friend.

Pax

The Great and Magnificent T-Bone

Well, all I can say is it is one thing to kill criminals, and another thing to humilate them. The death penalty maybe given to anyone for any crime if the correct authority orders it so. Lieing, among the early Christian community, found two people dead.

Humiliating someone on the other hand is something that is of less gravity and importance. However, it is really wrong, and probably did quite a bit to upset Arabs, but I'm not sure we can really compare it to the shooting of anyone by a legitmate authority's orders. Mind you, they aught to be convicted criminals. This is especially true in a case where no one with legitmate authority ordered it.

God bless,
Mikey