An Old School Catholic Message Board

God and the M60 Machine gun

PadreSantiago

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 28 2005, 06:45 AM']I can do fractions!  It's anything beyond remedial algebra that gets me.
[right][snapback]802420[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I can do fractions, I can do algebra, I can even do trig...

But Calculus make me feel like Ralph Wiggum. "My cat's breath smells like catfood..."

PadreSantiago

AHEM! As I was the one to start this thread it is my DUTY to bring the thread back on point. GUNS ARE COOL! I love guns, I love going out to the country with my friends and shooting stuff; it's awesome. He has an ak-47, two shotguns, a 22. rifle and a few pistols. It is such a thrill to roll around in the back of this dudes truck with an ak-47 on your lap. We don't even hunt in fact I've never been hunting but there's so much carp on this guys property there's never not something to shoot. The hills like graveyards for electonics and all sorts of durable goods; washing machines and television screens as far as the eye can see. Books, shelves, couches, tires, beds, desks, chairs, boats, trucks, cars it has everything! There's even an old broken down school bus. All this stuff is just piled up everywhere, the only thing is sometimes meth heads will camp out there so we have to run them off or call the local sherrif. I guess my point is that guns are like marijuana and booze, god put them here for our enjoyment!

Edited by PadreSantiago

PadreSantiago

[quote name='philothea' date='Nov 29 2005, 02:42 AM']:rolleyes:

I am afraid you will only find people agreeing with you here...
[right][snapback]803548[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you agree that marijuana should be legalized too?

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 29 2005, 01:51 AM']you agree that marijuana should be legalized too?
[right][snapback]803561[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, actually I do, but I was talking about the love of guns.

(I don't like guns. :ninja:)

photosynthesis

[quote name='journeyman' date='Nov 27 2005, 06:26 PM']we did too  (did not, did too, did not, did too, not, too) having gotten that out of the way, do you remember a trip to Vermont one summer when we camped out on the pasture? Had that little folding picnic table that disappeared on some scouting campout.  That's your mom's father's side of the family.  I think you guys did a day trip another time when you were in New Hampshire

I'm not sure if that's just a wing of the family that was married to some French Canadians . . . or if that is our wing . . . your mother could probably clarify, she seems to remember all those convoluted family tree branches
[right][snapback]801898[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i didn't know y'all were related!

[quote]Another verse of scripture misquoted by many Liberal theologians as proof that guns are bad goes something like “the Bible tells us we should beat our swords (or in our case, guns) into plow shares.” The actual verse from Isaiah is written in the context of the second coming of Christ at which time “they will beat their swords into plow shares and their spears into pruning hooks” (Isaiah 2:4 NIV).
[/quote]

He who beats his sword into a plowshare will plow for he who didn't.

[quote name='Matty_boy' date='Nov 29 2005, 03:38 PM']Wave that sword like a feather duster.  Did anyone happen to see "Raiders of the Lost Arc?"
[right][snapback]804198[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you referring to the scene where the guy is waving his sword frantically and Indiana Jones calmly takes out a pistol and shoots him? That ranks as one of my all-time favorite movie scenes.

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Nov 30 2005, 12:26 PM']Are you referring to the scene where the guy is waving his sword frantically and Indiana Jones calmly takes out a pistol and shoots him?  That ranks as one of my all-time favorite movie scenes.
[right][snapback]805516[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You know that wasn't the way it was written in the script?

Mr. Ford was sick that day, and wanted to wrap up the scene early. There was supposed to be a fight scene, but someone suggested that Indy just shoot the guy.