An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chris Matthews: Terrorists 'not evil'

Lounge Daddy

"The period between 9-11 and (invading) Iraq was not a good time for America. There wasn't a robust discussion of what we were doing," Matthews said."If we stop trying to figure out the other side, we've given up. The person on the other side is not evil. They just have a different perspective.
[url="http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2005/11/21/1316384-sun.html"]from article HERE[/url]

lol, hilarious
when i read that i was reminded part of a speach that Karl Rove gave this past June:
[quote]Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers. In the wake of 9/11, conservatives believed it was time to unleash the might and power of the United States military against the Taliban; in the wake of 9/11, liberals believed it was time to… submit a petition. I am not joking. Submitting a petition is precisely what Moveon.org did. It was a petition imploring the powers that be" to "use moderation and restraint in responding to the… terrorist attacks against the United States."

what is happening these days that people cannot see evil for what it is?

Conservatives saw what happened to us on 9/11 and said: we will defeat our enemies. Liberals saw what happened to us and said: we must understand our enemies.[/quote]
[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062400097.html"]source[/url]

I clearly recall the time, not long ago at all, when I actually spewed garbage like Matthews is. It makes me shudder to think how truly ignorant I was.

I grew up. It's sad that so many people don't.

Edited by Nathan

cmotherofpirl

The problem is that people will NOT admit there is such a thing as EVIL.
Somethings are evil and will always be evil. You cannot justify terrorism that kills, mains or otherwise hurts innocent people. Handing a terrorist a piece of paper saying "please be nice" is hilarous.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

littlebreakdowns

[quote]Handing a terrorist a piece of paper saying "please be nice" is hilarous.[/quote]

The petition wasn't for the terrorists. Please tell me you were joking when you wrote this.

Either way, I see the point. I'm aware that others don't agree, but I usually just smile, nod, and wonder about the next election.

Teresa

Kim Jong Il - "Hans, Hans, Hans, we've been over this a dozen times! I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction!"

Hans Blix - "Our inspectors say there are parts of the palace you won't let them inspect. You must allow then to inspectt he entire palace, or else."

Il - "Or else what?"

Blix - "Or else we will be very angry with you and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are!"

~ [i]Team America: World Police[/i]

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='littlebreakdowns' date='Nov 25 2005, 06:52 PM']The petition wasn't for the terrorists.  Please tell me you were joking when you wrote this.
[right][snapback]800295[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Heh - you're right, the petition wasn’t to the terrorists; it was much more naive than that.
It was a pacifist petition to all western countries (esp the USA) urging “Moderation And Restraint” And Use Of “International Judicial Institutions.”
In other words - asking the world to view terrorists as mere criminals and not responding to the declaration of war on the west (and 1st 2nd 3rd etc attacks on the US) by Islamo-fascists.

The petition was issued only days after 9/11/2001 by a pacifist organization called “9-11peace.org” … and we know them today as the group that compares Bush to Hitler and they claim to own the Democratic Party of today: “MoveOn.org” (applause)

[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20021127190638/peace.moveon.org/petition.php3"]VIEW THE PETITION HERE :)[/url]

[quote name='Socrates' date='Nov 25 2005, 08:57 PM']Kim Jong Il - "Hans, Hans, Hans, we've been over this a dozen times!  I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction!"

Hans Blix - "Our inspectors say there are parts of the palace you won't let them inspect.  You must allow then to inspectt he entire palace, or else."

Il - "Or else what?"

Blix - "Or else we will be very angry with you and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are!"

~ [i]Team America: World Police[/i]
[right][snapback]800377[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

there is a time for unilateral action and a time for multilateral action. There is a time for consensus and a time for decisiveness. There is a time to listen to dumb people and a time to pat them on the head and go about your business. Moveon.org is so :idiot: dumb, bunch of :hippie: :monk: :prop: .

they need one of these :spanking:

photosynthesis

liberals and their therapy... "Saddam, it's time that you just let it all out and told us about your real feelings... It's OK to cry!"

Maybe the fact that he starved and tortured an entire nation is just a sign that he wasn't hugged enough as a child.

:ohno: