An Old School Catholic Message Board

battle over "christmas"

MC Just

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 26 2005, 09:36 PM']AMERICA IS CONTROLLED BY CONSERVATIVES, NOT LIBERALS.  You are the majority!  You aren't being persecuted.
[right][snapback]801217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Perhaps, but the liberals certainly whine and cry about alot more. I don't think he said anything about majority either, he was making reference to the psychotic hypocrisy, which the American left currently has a monopoly on. :)

photosynthesis

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 26 2005, 09:36 PM']AMERICA IS CONTROLLED BY CONSERVATIVES, NOT LIBERALS.  You are the majority!  You aren't being persecuted.
[right][snapback]801217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
obviously you don't watch TV or read the newspaper

It's amazing how many publications and advertising minutes I can sell when people get all riled up over who is "controlling" the media . . .

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Nov 26 2005, 10:53 PM']obviously you don't watch TV or read the newspaper
[right][snapback]801294[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

exactly.

[url="http://www.bonanzaville.org/main.php"]Bonanzaville[/url], a historical pioneer town tourist attraction just got a new director (well, technically, the historical society which owns it got a new director). He decided that the big annual "Christmas on the Prairie" celebration wasn't P.C., so he decided to make it the "Holidays on the Prairie" party. I'm willing to bet that none of the original settlers in this area celebrated anything other than Christmas. Kwanzaa wasn't around, we didn't have any Jewish settlers until much later.

Ah who cares about historical fact, lest we offend anyone.

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:30 PM'][url="http://www.bonanzaville.org/main.php"]Bonanzaville[/url], a historical pioneer town tourist attraction just got a new director (well, technically, the historical society which owns it got a new director). He decided that the big annual "Christmas on the Prairie" celebration wasn't P.C., so he decided to make it the "Holidays on the Prairie" party. I'm willing to bet that none of the original settlers in this area celebrated anything other than Christmas. Kwanzaa wasn't around, we didn't have any Jewish settlers until much later.

Ah who cares about historical fact, lest we offend anyone.
[right][snapback]801989[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
This whole generic "Holidays" thing is absurd, really. Christmas is what it's all about!

Nothing wrong with Hannukah, but it's a fairly minor Jewish feast, and was not originally as big as Christmas is for Christians. It only became majorly emphasized as a Jewish alternative for Christmas because it happens to fall around the same time of year (so Jewish kids won't feel bad about not having Christmas.)

And I find the whole idea of putting "Kwanzaa" on par with Christmas offensive. It is an aritificial "holiday" created by a crazy anti-white "black power" radical in the late '60s.
The implications that people of the black race need their own "alternative" to Christmas is ridiculous! As if Christ only came for white people!
This is as obscene as if some neo-Nazi "white supremecists" started demanding neo-pagan racist holidays be celebrated as an alternative for Christmas - well actually, I guess they already do - white neo-pagans are holding "winter solstice celebrations."

(These things are all acceptable for liberals, but God forbid anyone go about with "Merry Christmas" on their lips in public this "holiday season"!)

The thing that confuses me is that Ramadan has passed already. Which Holidays?

Rant:
I remember when I was a child and we could only sing songs about Winter one year. :sadder: Why can't public schools have literal Holiday pagents. You know? Kids get up, talk about their holiday, sing for their classmates, everybody learns something. Everybody's included. But noooo, we can't actually celebrate Christ-mass, or Ramadan, or Hannukah...

Oh, and before I forget... where's Myra? As in, St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Nov 28 2005, 09:49 AM']

Oh, and before I forget... where's Myra? As in, St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra.
[right][snapback]802506[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Turkey