An Old School Catholic Message Board

MARY-IS-GOD CATHOLIC MOVEMENT

Fidei Defensor

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='jcs' date='Nov 27 2005, 09:10 AM']Hi,

I am a supporter of MIGCM.  The two islands are Bohol and Cebu.  I reiterate that we are Faithful Catholics and probably more Catholic than most Catholics.

I hope that you'll make a survey yourselves with regards the current situation in the Catholic Church and you will find out that the situation is worse than MIGCM's accussation. 

There are a lot of the Clergy who shares similar views with MIGCM.  In due time we will all find out.  Unfortunately, I am not in a position to name names.  .....just a supporter my self.

Thanks and God Bless us all!
[right][snapback]801502[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

your movment is so silly. where in scripture or in sacred tradition is mary ever talked about as God?

[quote name='jcs' date='Nov 27 2005, 11:10 AM']Hi,

I am a supporter of MIGCM.  The two islands are Bohol and Cebu.  I reiterate that we are Faithful Catholics and probably more Catholic than most Catholics.

I hope that you'll make a survey yourselves with regards the current situation in the Catholic Church and you will find out that the situation is worse than MIGCM's accussation. 

There are a lot of the Clergy who shares similar views with MIGCM.  In due time we will all find out.  Unfortunately, I am not in a position to name names.  .....just a supporter my self.

[/quote]

The end is near! Jesus is coming soon!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='jcs' date='Nov 27 2005, 10:10 AM']Hi,

[/quote]
if you support this heresy you are no longer Catholic.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JoeyP' date='Nov 27 2005, 12:59 PM']The end is near!  Jesus is coming soon!
[right][snapback]801542[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually no its not. The jews have not converted to the Church, and the Gospel has not yet been taught to the ends of the earth.

[/quote]

I have to ask a blunt question here:

Are you a "fifth column" planted by the fundamentalists so that the world gets the wrong idea about what the Catholic Church truly teaches????

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 27 2005, 01:14 PM']think of it this way, it gives us a good excuse to explain catholic teaching to anyone who calls us on this heresy.
[right][snapback]801582[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

True, although I'm afraid for the ones that we may not catch....

[/quote]
How does preaching doctrine which is contrary to Catholic teaching make one a faithful Catholic?
Faithful means submitting to the teaching authority of the Magisterium.

(BTW - I think this will actually help, rather than harm the Church, when dealing with Protestants. When the Church has to publicly condemn the heresy that Mary is God, it will make it harder for Protestants to say that the Catholic Church worships Mary as divine.)

[quote name='Socrates' date='Nov 27 2005, 03:56 PM'](BTW - I think this will actually help, rather than harm the Church, when dealing with Protestants.  When the Church has to publicly condemn the heresy that Mary is God, it will make it harder for Protestants to say that the Catholic Church worships Mary as divine.)
[right][snapback]801699[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah...now I see your and cmom's point.....

Laudate_Dominum

There was a cult many centuries ago that made this assertion and was utterly condemned by the Church. How can someone revive an ancient and most abominable heresy and claim to be Catholic?

But I guess if people can deny the Divinity of Christ and call themselves "Catholic" theologians and theology professors, why not?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Nov 27 2005, 05:21 PM']There was a cult many centuries ago that made this assertion and was utterly condemned by the Church. How can someone revive an ancient and most abominable heresy and claim to be Catholic?

But I guess if people can deny the Divinity of Christ and call themselves "Catholic" theologians and theology professors, why not?
[right][snapback]801831[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:hehehe:

Expect to see some excommunications.

I wonder if Pope Benedict will issue a statement on Mary's role, in response to this "movement".

Just a trick from Satan himself, how sad.

This movement wont go far, if something is done soon that is. Something right, which theres no doubt in my mind that something will be done.

"Lord, have mercy on those who need it. All of us. Amen."

Edited by White Knight