An Old School Catholic Message Board

What would you be willing to do

Jaime

Would you give your life to protect the Eucharist?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always thought stuff like this, especially during adoration. My friend who is currently a seminarian has told me of the horror stories of sacrileges in Europe. To my surprise I found out that there was a satanic cult in our vicinity and one member tried to steel a host during communion. Thank God the ushers caught him before he left the church and made him consume it.

Since then I have always kept my eyes open for anything fishy like this during communion.

I always get this thought almost dream like of someone stealing the host and sprinting out of the church. It always ends with me standing up and clothes-lining him on his way out.

I don’t know how I would actual react if someone tried to steal the host. I think I would simply try to beat them to it and consume it. Maybe call down St. Michael to open the can of whoop ass!

Edited by Church Punk

during adoration i have had this "day dream" many times, if it were not possible for me to consume the Blessed Sacrament, like if it were in a tabernacle, i would use as much force needed to stop them, i wouldn't go as far as to actually kill someone, but i would try very hard to stop them and if i were to die in the process, oh well i would think i done the right thing.

i really don't know what i would do really i just hope i would do the right thing,
i really like topic and feel that it is Necessary that we be all well informed on these matters so we can be prepared and have some guidance to what we should do in a situation like that, because we never know when this stuff can happen.

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:14 AM']Well if it is during exposition the Host is usually in a monstrance and easier to defend by consumption rendering the possible use of force unneeded. If it were in a tabernacle, well those are typically locked and force may be needed since consumption would not be a viable option.
[right][snapback]802487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ah, but you could consume the key... rendering the tabernacle unopenable for at least 8 hours!

I think a third option is in order:

I don't know.

Although I suspect I would defend... I think I would be shocked. Then I'd probably panic, do something irrational and die if the terrorist satanists are of the unforgiving kind.

Bottom line, I'd probably die for Our Lord, although I'm not comfortable at this point intentionally killing someone for Him.

I can see the headlines:

"Local Catholic Man Kills 20 who invade empty Church"

Plus... how the heck am I gonna kill them? With that 10 guage father hides under the altar?

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:37 PM']ah, but you could consume the key... rendering the tabernacle unopenable for at least 8 hours!

Plus... how the heck am I gonna kill them? With that 10 guage father hides under the altar?
[right][snapback]803215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well I go to adoration with a machete.

But that's me

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:37 PM']Plus... how the heck am I gonna kill them? With that 10 guage father hides under the altar?
[right][snapback]803215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't most parishes in the South have an armory in the sacristy? :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

[quote name='tomasio127' date='Nov 29 2005, 02:25 PM']Don't most parishes in the South have an armory in the sacristy?  :lol_roll:  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]804138[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Rumor around here is that in days of yore, one of the parishes (now in the heart of the city) was in an outlying area. Catholics weren't too well-liked in Indiana (stronghold of the KKK at one time) and so parishioners would go to Mass well-armed in case something happened.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 29 2005, 02:41 PM']Rumor around here is that in days of yore, one of the parishes (now in the heart of the city) was in an outlying area. Catholics weren't too well-liked in Indiana (stronghold of the KKK at one time) and so parishioners would go to Mass well-armed in case something happened.
[right][snapback]804147[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

nothing like sitting in church while strapped with a gat

Well seems like most are willing to lay down their life to protect Christ, but where do we draw the line? Is their a clear ruling on the situation?

Upon further reflection, while I still don't believe that Christ would ask me to give my life to protect the Eucharist, I would gladly give it without His asking.

I think that I would (at least I hope that I would) give up my life instead of denying God in any manner. To allow some one to blaspheme the Host would be the same as sacraficing to some idol.

I would rather see all you die than to see you all sin.

Has anyone heard about the Basilian Fathers in Columbia? It is almost daily that they encounter attacks such as this, Militants and drug lords trying to over through the Chuch in these areas. The Fathers are the only people standing up this evil in the country.

Often times on Sunday's they wait outside the church as Catholics leave after mass they gun them down. There have been many Basilian martyrs here.

PadreSantiago

if j. c. needs my help that kinda undermines the whole son of god thing doesn't it? If my man Dirk came to my house tomorrow asking me to help him beat the spurs I'd be like you don't need my help and now I don't have confidence in your abillities because your asking some random dude to help win your professional basketball game.

Edited by PadreSantiago