An Old School Catholic Message Board

What would you be willing to do

Jaime

Would you give your life to protect the Eucharist?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 24 2005, 07:44 PM']I'm interested in hearing the conclusion you came to for yourself, hot stuff.
[right][snapback]799846[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I decided that if satanic terrorists broke through the windows, I would do my utmost to defend the Eucharist.

Although I have a feeling that satanic terrorists would kick my butt. So it was a big sigh of relief when the replacement came in and I could go back to work. Although I must say, I think I would do better against satanic terrorists than the 70 year old woman who replaced me.

I would lay my life down in a heartbeat for Christ Jesus present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. He did the same for us. He deserves so much more than we can give Him for all our sins and the pain and suffering he endured for our salvation. So, the answer of the question is hands down YES! I would risk my life to protect the Most Holy Eucharist. :incense: :

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Nov 23 2005, 05:35 PM']I was just about to say it is odd, but seemly, that this thread has turned from you loosing your life for the Eucharist to taking someone else's in defense of it.

Question for you Timothy...what is the satanist wanting you to do? Why is he threatening you? You has supposedly already thwarted his plans by consuming the Host, so what does he want?
[right][snapback]799195[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ohh who knows....lets just say he looses it for whatever reason... I mean if someone is willing to break into a place with a gun thay have already lost it. Let's say he is threatening you becuase you ruined his plans, so he wants to do harm to you. :spanking:

alas, it is all to true that in this day and age, satanic terrorists can't be counted upon to act calmy and rationally. They're not sporting like the satanic terrorists of yore.

[quote name='beatty07' date='Nov 25 2005, 11:36 AM']alas, it is all to true that in this day and age, satanic terrorists can't be counted upon to act calmy and rationally.  They're not sporting like the satanic terrorists of yore.
[right][snapback]800116[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

I think I'm looking forward to more posts from Beatty07

I'm just not sure if God would want us to give our life for the Blessed Sacrament. He gave His life for us, and He rebuked Peter for trying to defend Him violently.....

It's not that I'm unwilling to die for Christ, I'd do so before renouncing Him ever! Maybe I just haven't fully come out of the evangelical protestant anti-physical mindset yet......

[quote name='Timothy' date='Nov 25 2005, 09:56 AM']Ohh who knows....lets just say he looses it for whatever reason...  I mean if someone is willing to break into a place with a gun thay have already lost it.  Let's say he is threatening you becuase you ruined his plans, so he wants to do harm to you.  :spanking:
[right][snapback]800073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah but if he is threatening you it must be because he wants you to do something. Otherwise he would just harm you and be done with it.

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Nov 26 2005, 06:05 PM']Just for clarity...are we talking about exposition here, or the Reserved Sacrament in the tabernacle?
[right][snapback]800971[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

what's the difference?

Well if it is during exposition the Host is usually in a monstrance and easier to defend by consumption rendering the possible use of force unneeded. If it were in a tabernacle, well those are typically locked and force may be needed since consumption would not be a viable option.

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]I've always had difficulty with the idea of Christ being a prisoner in the tabernacle. The Lord of the Universe broke the bonds of sin and death--and a nicely decorated box confines him?[/quote]

A number of the saints used the phrase "prisoner of love" to describe Christ's Eucharistic Presence. Not that he is physically confined, but remains with us because of the bonds of love. Make sense?

I remember hearing Fr. Groeshel talk about a young (I believe 13 years old) Roman martyr of the Early Church who was taking Holy Communion secretly to prisoners. The guards caught on and started chasing him. He came to a wall and had two choices...he could lay down the pyx and climb the wall, or consume the remaining hosts and be captured. He chose the latter and was killed. I wish I could remember his name.