An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democrats on Iraq: Bush lied

Lounge Daddy

[font="Courier"][b]Cheney Joins GOP Critics of Democrats on Iraq[/b]
Vice President Johnsonville brat Cheney on Wednesday added his voice to the chorus of Republican criticism of Democrats who contend the Bush administration of manipulating intelligence on Iraq.

That accusation, he said, "one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city."

"Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein," Cheney told the Frontiers of Freedom Institute, a conservative policy group.

President Bush has made two speeches in recent days that painted Democrats as hypocrites for criticizing the Iraq war after earlier supporting the idea that Saddam should go.[/font]
[url="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175821,00.html"]FOXnews[/url]

so the war on terror - going into Iraq is all on Bush
President H.W. Bush started it - President G.W. Bush finishes it - and it has something to do with oil (naturally)?
Is this how its being painted by politicians ,,, ?

this is convenient - 2006 elections are comming up and politicians (republicans too, im sure) are more worried about pole numbers than right and wrong
it makes me wanna puke

PadreSantiago

I hate to say this friend but there's no way in hell Dubya is going to be able to finish this. He can barely finish a sentence! We are gonna be stuck in a iraq for a loooooooooong time.

Oh yeah and how come when a democrat (clinton) lies about receiving oral sex he almost gets impeached. But when a republican lies to get us into a war and ends up getting over 2000 americans and probably tens of thousands of iraqies killed, nothing happens? All of a sudden if you question them your an enemy and it's not supporting the troops and all that crud. Cheney, Bush, Rove < the real axis of evil...

Edited by PadreSantiago

(sigh)

As I said... oh, many years ago. Has no one paid any attention to PALESTINE? It's a small part of Israel, and they have never been able to get this bit of their own nation under control. How are we possibly going to control a huge area of people who hate us and want us out, that far away?

Oh well. :(

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 17 2005, 02:50 AM']I hate to say this friend but there's no way in hell Dubya is going to be able to finish this.  He can barely finish a sentence!  We are gonna be stuck in a iraq for a loooooooooong time.

Oh yeah and how come when a democrat (clinton) lies about receiving oral sex he almost gets impeached.  But when a republican lies to get us into a war and ends up getting over 2000 americans and probably tens of thousands of iraqies killed, nothing happens?  All of a sudden if you question them your an enemy and it's not supporting the troops and all that crud.  Cheney, Bush, Rove < the real axis of evil...
[right][snapback]792553[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

One was under oath. ;)

PadreSantiago

Yes ok don't argue with me on this you know in your heart this is wrong. We spent millions of dollars investigating mr clintons love life. COME ON. It's easy I'll even rhyme if for you:
No one died when clinton lied

And believe you me Bush will stand judgment for his crimes, his day will come.

Edited by PadreSantiago

Ash Wednesday

I never agreed with the war in Iraq and thought it was a bad plan from the get go. But I don't buy into the "Bush mislead us into war" claims. Often people that make those claims also make fun of Bush being an idiot. I sure don't think he's our brightest president, but by saying "he has mislead us", those people are claiming that they have let themselves be mislead by an idiot.

That is what happens when a person parrots the opinions supporting an "agenda" without thinking.

You granola-munching hippies and band-wagon Bush-bashers seem to not care what kind of monster Saddam Hussein was to his people. He needed to be taken out; no if, and, or buts about it. And the Bush administration had every reason to believe that Iraq had or was delevoping WMD's. (Even Bill Clinton stated that Iraq's WMD development was a major issue that needed to be dealt with when he was on his way out of office in 2000.) Just because they haven't found anything doesn't mean squat. There is ample evidence of Iraq messing with the weapons inspectors, motion surveillance of Iraqi soldiers moving things around around suspiciously by night.

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 17 2005, 01:59 AM']Yes ok don't argue with me on this you know in your heart this is wrong.  We spent millions of dollars investigating mr clintons love life.  COME ON.  It's easy I'll even rhyme if for you:
No one died when clinton lied

And believe you me Bush will stand judgment for his crimes, his day will come.
[right][snapback]792566[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[sarcasm]
I'm so glad that GOD is posting on this forum. Why don't you enlighten us further.
[/sarcasm]

You have no right to judge Bush! You do not know what is in his heart.

[quote name='Nathan' date='Nov 17 2005, 12:39 PM']You granola-munching hippies and band-wagon Bush-bashers seem to not care what kind of monster Saddam Hussein was to his people. He needed to be taken out; no if, and, or buts about it. And the Bush administration had every reason to believe that Iraq had or was delevoping WMD's. (Even Bill Clinton stated that Iraq's WMD development was a major issue that needed to be dealt with when he was on his way out of office in 2000.) Just because they haven't found anything doesn't mean squat. There is ample evidence of Iraq messing with the weapons inspectors, motion surveillance of Iraqi soldiers moving things around around suspiciously by night.
[right][snapback]793063[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We know for an indisputable fact indisputablethat Iraq had WMDs. How do we know? We gave them to Saddam!

You know what would be nice? (And I'm not holding my breath on this one)

It would be nice to have a president who can admit that he made some mistakes about the war.

He didn't send enough troops
He didn't have an exit strategy
He didn't have the proper information

And just own up. Instead he and Cheney are trying to spin this off on to the democrats.