An Old School Catholic Message Board

US Senate divided in January? over Alito?

White Knight

Do you think the Senate will split when it comes to Alito's Confirmation?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

January is when all this Supreme Court Talk will reprise on the news and such. and obviously the big talks about [b]Abortion (LW)Pro & Anti(RW)[/b] will be back on discussion, do you think there will be a divided senate on both sides? Split Republics and Democrats? about as bad when people thought Harriat Myers was nominated?

If so explain, if not, please explain that too.

Thank you for your time.

[b]God Bless You, Pax Christi.[/b]

The way the liberal media has been "reporting" this makes me sick. They talk as though it's some kind of crime to be opposed to abortion. They dig up evidence where he said some things against abortion in the '80s, and treat this as though it's a huge scandal.
It's clear that the Left views Roe v. Wade as a litmus test. They talk as if any chance of a judge being opposed to Roe v. Wade's decision automatically disqualifies a candidate.

Well I guess if we had only listened to the good "Catholic" liberals on here, and voted for Kerry, "the Catholic Candidate," we wouldn't even have to worry about all this.

Edited by Socrates

January will be here before ya know it and this issue will rise again so I thought I'd just make the thread early. :bluesbrother:

i think that there will be a split, especially in light of the disclosure of the 1985 document

Edited by dspen2005

i wouldnt say i think the senate will be divided at all...
i think Alito will get through fine

you can count on the few geniuses who will try to steal the show - you know, the ones who vote NO on anything Pres Bush would say YES to ...Clinton Kennedy Durbin Stabenow etc

you know... they are the dems with the plan... the "stop Bush" political plan, right or wrong they will say NO to [i]any[/i] Bush idea...
its a great long term vision for the Dems... right up untill 2008, because (here is a secret the Democrat leadership doesnt seem to know) Bush won't be running for anything after this term

nice work Howard Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Trust the Michigander to mentione Stabenow, lol....

Anyways, at my home parish, during the prayers of the faithful at Mass, we always pray for a pro-life supreme court justice, and look, we got Roberts......