An Old School Catholic Message Board

I found an order where my heart is...

the_rev

I found a religious order finally where I can say truthfully my heart is drawn....

If God is not calling me to marriage, I would seriously consider entering the

[url="http://marian.org"]Marians of the Immaculate Conception[/url]

Their vocation director has an amazing vocation testimony; actually he is the reason why I began to look at this order.

I am now in contact with Fr. Don Calloway with that order.

Also, I have discerned away from the Legion of Christ, under the advisement of many priests that I trust.

In her motherly mantle,

Eddy Joannes

Guest Rick777

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Last Night I also found the order where my heart is....http://www.carmelitemonks.org/index.html............you have my prayers

Dust's Sister

Congradulations, I was looking around in that site, and now I found something I want.

[quote]Saint Faustina  Helena Kowalska was born in the village of Glogowiec west of Lodz, Poland, on August 25, 1905. She was the third of ten children. When she was almost twenty, she entered the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, whose members devote themselves to the care and education of troubled young women.

The following year she received her religious habit and was given the name Sister Maria Faustina, to which she added "of the Most Blessed Sacrament," as was permitted by her Congregation's custom.

In the 1930s, Saint Faustina received from the Lord a message of mercy that she was told to spread throughout the world. She was asked to become the apostle and secretary of God's mercy, a model of how to be merciful to others, and an instrument for reemphasizing God's plan of mercy for the world.

It was not a glamorous prospect. Her entire life, in imitation of Christ's, was to be a sacrifice -- a life lived for others. At the divine Lord's request, she willingly offered her personal sufferings in union with Him to atone for the sins of others; in her daily life she was to become a doer of mercy, bringing joy and peace to others; and by writing about God's mercy, she was to encourage others to trust in Him and thus prepare the world for His coming again.

Convinced of her own unworthiness, and terrified at the thought of trying to write anything, she nonetheless began keeping a diary in 1934 in obedience to the express wishes of her spiritual director, and then of Our Lord Himself. For four years she recorded divine revelations and mystical experiences, together with her own inmost thoughts, insights, and prayers. The result is a book of some 600 printed pages that, in simple language, repeats and clarifies the gospel story of God's love for His people, emphasizing, above all, the need to trust in His loving action in all the aspects of our lives. It also reveals an extraordinary example of how to respond to God's mercy and manifest it to others.

Saint Faustina's spiritual life was based on deep humility, purity of intention, and loving obedience to the will of God in imitation of the virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Her special devotion to Mary Immaculate and to the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation gave her the strength to bear all her sufferings as an offering to God on behalf of the Church and those in special need, especially great sinners and the dying.

She wrote and suffered in secret, with only her spiritual director and some of her superiors aware that anything special was taking place in her life. After her death from tuberculosis in 1938, even her closest associates were amazed as they began to discover what great sufferings and deep mystical experiences had been given to this sister of theirs, who had always been so cheerful and humble. She had taken deeply into her heart God's gospel command to "be merciful even as your heavenly Father is merciful" as well as her confessor's directive that she should act in such a way that everyone who came in contact with her would go away joyful.

The message of mercy that Saint Faustina received is now being spread throughout the world; she was canonized by the Church on April 30, 2000; and her diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul, has become the handbook for devotion to The Divine Mercy. She would not have been surprised, for she had been told that the message of God's mercy would spread through her writings for the great benefit of souls.

In a prophetic statement she had declared:

[b]I feel certain that my mission will not come to an end upon my death, but will begin. O doubting souls, I will draw aside for you the veils of heaven to convince you of God's goodness (Diary 281). [/b][/quote]

I like this Saint.

Dust's Sister

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:48 PM']saint faustina is AWESOME

have you read her diary?
[right][snapback]789171[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no I havn't, but now I want it.

Yes, it is really good! I have a (secondary?) relic - a teeny piece of her Habit....! :love: She was so amazing - and I love the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, also.

[quote]wow!!! you have so many vocations it's hard to keep track!

prayers![/quote]

For the past two years I have been being led by a priest whom I know call an "unreliable guide" I since have found a new guide. I found the marians by accident, but am grateful I did, they look awesome.

I am open to what God wants, marriage, MIC, diocsean, wherever God calls I will go and be open.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='memtherose' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:15 PM']Yes, it is really good! I have a (secondary?) relic - a teeny piece of her Habit....! :love: She was so amazing - and I love the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, also.
[right][snapback]789192[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock: LUCKY! St. Faustina is awesome! Have you ever seen the movie [i]Faustina[/i]? Its in polish, but it is beautiful!

[quote name='the_rev' date='Nov 14 2005, 07:14 PM']I found a religious order finally where I can say truthfully my heart is drawn....

If God is not calling me to marriage, I would seriously consider entering the

[url="http://marian.org"]Marians of the Immaculate Conception[/url]

Their vocation director has an amazing vocation testimony; actually he is the reason why I began to look at this order.

I am now in contact with Fr. Don Calloway with that order.

Also, I have discerned away from the Legion of Christ, under the advisement of many priests that I trust.

In her motherly mantle,

Eddy Joannes
[right][snapback]788896[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Eddty,

I thought this might be of interest to you. If you go on the Renewal Ministeries website: [url="http://www.renewalministries.net/choices_tv_archive.php"]http://www.renewalministries.net/choices_tv_archive.php[/url]

You will an interview with Fr. Don Calloway: Titled "Mary My Mother and My All". This is a live broadcast so you will need Real Player. Also, since the Marian of the Immaculate Conception is an member of the Insitute of Religious life member, I have an article about them as well. Just PM if you are interested.

I think you will like the interview with Fr. Don. so watch the the show if you can.

May the Holy Spirit truly lead you in fulfilling God's desire for your life.

DonnaMarie

Isn't there a movie about Faustina in theaters right now? I heard the guy from... can't remember the name of the company... recommend it on Life on the Rock the other night.

srmarymichael

[quote name='Dust's Sister' date='Nov 14 2005, 07:07 PM']Congradulations, I was looking around in that site, and now I found something I want.
I like this Saint.
[right][snapback]788957[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Have you ever read her diary??? It's awesome!

:lol_roll:

Oops. I see someone else suggested that already..... :unsure:

Edited by srmarymichael