An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME: The Response

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

What Is An Email Like From Sister Joseph Andrew?
By AlterDominicus

This what an email is like from Sister Joseph Andrew:

[color=blue]Dear, dear Amanda,

WOW! I can hardly put it into words...you have silenced me – congratulations!! And please let me say: the honor was MINE! After all, you prayed a whole rosary for me...WOW! AND you sat on the front row – and you continued to pray for me. I ALWAYS get everyone whom I know will pray “Hail Mary’s” for me to do so as I give a talk...any talk. It is pure GRACE that enables me to even open my mouth; and pure GRACE that enables the audience else to open the ears of their hearts!! In truth, I had so much FUN during that talk – what a responsible audience. They don’t get any better!

Anyway, glad to know you have that unique ability – to type with your eyes closed and your hands tied behind your back. I think you’re amazing!

MUTUAL PRAYERS – and thanks MUCH for sharing your excellent writings....though my face was bright red when I finished. You humble me...

God love you, hon!

in Jesus and Mary....mutual prayers continuing!

Sister!!

[/color]

:busted_blue: :blowkiss: :kiss: :lust: :love: :iloveyou: :cupidhit: :busted_blue:

AWE!!!!!!!! i think that is one of the best email i have ever read,a dn its not to me.....GRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! :annoyed: But that is so kewl, i bet she is the greatest in person!!!!! She sounds lieka sweetheart ot me!!!! there are very few Sisters like that whom one will find in life. i would if i were you keep writting to her, if you impress her through email and tehn i person on top of it, who knows if you really consider or desire to enter with them, this could be a great way!!!!!! Emails say more than anything!!!!

AlterDominicus

Apparently I have impressed her in both ways :think: and I [i]do[/i] plan on entering there in Summer of 08, not because of the three sisters I know and two I've visually met, but because God wants me there. :) She is the greatest Sister I know atop with Sister Mary Catharine and Sister Judith Miryam. I freaked one day when Carly told me she was talking to Sister Joseph Andrew about friends and then they started to talk about me.

I freaked! And at the end at NET I told Sister Jo that, and she told me, "Hon...your words in the email are so touching." I mean. I was like thinking -Woah...that is why you were talking about me??-

:lol_roll: LOL, I didnt stya in contact with the SMMEs very longt o actually get to know them, but they seem pretty kewl. i had tears running down my face after reading your last post, i think it is becuas ei'm sick, i wasnt feeling well earlier but sitll if was feeling okayI'm sure i would have tears anyways........SO touching!!!!! Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

Thank you Sixtina and good luck to you to, answering God's call for whatever life is the GREATEST Adventure in your WHOLE life!!! :) :)

• 3 months later...
DeoOptimoMaximo

Hi All,

I met Sister Joseph Andrew Bogdanowicz and an older nun at Ave Maria University on Super Bowl Sunday. They're awesome! His Eminence Cardinal Pell of Australia was also in attendance along with Tom Monaghan (founder of Domino's pizza and Ave Maria Univ)

God Bless on your vocation, as I pursue mine to the priesthood!

Your Brother in Christ,
~Shawn

AlterDominicus,

I am so happy that you're discerning with the SMME. They seem like an awesome group of holy women. I had the opportunity to hear Sr. Joseph Andrew TWICE in 24 hours and to have an extended conversation with her about my discernment. Even though we don't see eye to eye on my finishing school, she did give me some helpful advice & I highly respect her and love her so much! Again, another order that I wish I were called to, but I don't think it's God's will for me. <sigh> That's why it's so wonderful to think of the universal Church family and, God willing, we'll be brides of Christ. It's awesome to think how we will truly be all together in heaven one day!!!
Good luck & much prayers as you continue to discern! Hopefully I will be entering an order the same time you enter with the SMMEs! :)
God bless!

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' date='Feb 14 2006, 01:16 PM']Hi All,

I met Sister Joseph Andrew Bogdanowicz and an older nun at Ave Maria University on Super Bowl Sunday.  They're awesome!  His Eminence Cardinal Pell of Australia was also in attendance along with Tom Monaghan (founder of Domino's pizza and Ave Maria Univ)

God Bless on your vocation, as I pursue mine to the priesthood!

Your Brother in Christ,
~Shawn
[right][snapback]887191[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:cool:

Cardinel Pell is just what our church needs, especially in this day and age. Did you get to talk to him?

Oh my goodness! I LOVE Cardinal Pell!! I wish we had him, lol. But we're close enough to see what he's doing for Aussie, and put into practice here as well.

Did you get to talk to him?!

DeoOptimoMaximo

[quote name='memtherose' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:14 PM']Oh my goodness! I LOVE Cardinal Pell!! I wish we had him, lol. But we're close enough to see what he's doing for Aussie, and put into practice here as well.

Did you get to talk to him?!
[right][snapback]887328[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

G'day Mate!

Yep! Cardinal Pell gave a talk about the death of JPII, the conclave, WYD 08, Vox Clara, the encroachment of Islam and secularism, etc. After that he led Holy Hour & Solemn Vespers with Benediction/Adoration.

Then he went with us to a Super Bowl football party and I got my pic with him and talked with him briefly. He's a great guy!!! He said he'd pray for my vocation to the priesthood! Crikey!

~Shawn

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' date='Feb 15 2006, 09:18 AM']G'day Mate!

Yep!  Cardinal Pell gave a talk about the death of JPII, the conclave, WYD 08, Vox Clara, the encroachment of Islam and secularism, etc.  After that he led Holy Hour & Solemn Vespers with Benediction/Adoration.

Then he went with us to a Super Bowl football party and I got my pic with him and talked with him briefly.  He's a great guy!!! He said he'd pray for my vocation to the priesthood!  Crikey!

~Shawn
[right][snapback]887333[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh wow! Lucky! He is amazing. :D:

SJA's e-mails are great. I have all of them saved in my inbox....they are always so enthusiastic and you can hear her speak when you read them

OH that is a very beautiful, what a lovely and holy nun she is and I am very happy for you for finding your home in this beautiful order and will keep you in my prayers as you await your entrance date!

God Bless You!

AlterDominicus

Wow! I didnt realize my thread got the quite of responses. Yes Laruentina! I do type my emails from SJAB on phatmass tied behind my back!

I told her, I found a new gift God gave me that I can type something without looking at the computer screen and the keyboard. All I have to do is look at what I am typing off to the side, and OFF I go!

I've received more email from Sister Jo, one today and one a couple days ago, I just got back on Sunday from a PHENOMENAL three day NET Center (confirmation) retreat! I also met a future Sister of Mary, and a ASL Buddy! As well as the most sweetest NETer who complimented me so. It was rocking!!!