An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gay Anglican Bishop attacks Catholic Stand!

dspen2005

I have friends who are part of the [url="http://www.theamia.org/"]Anglican Mission in America[/url] which was formed in 2000 in large part as a response to the Episcopalian stance on homosexuality in the ministry.

My friends were actually involved in planting an Anglican church in Minneapolis which, from their accounts, is now thriving.

Thy Geekdom Come

Like the Anglican Church is in any place to tell the Catholic Church what to do.

Generally, to correct others, you actually need to believe in absolute truths.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 7 2005, 04:01 PM']Like the Anglican Church is in any place to tell the Catholic Church what to do.

Generally, to correct others, you actually need to believe in absolute truths.
[right][snapback]781667[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yep.

I talked to my Anglican friends when I was in the process of converting ... but couldn't reconcile myself with the lack of authority.

[i]I am not here to grind any axes, I am here to do the thing that Christians do, that is to witness to the good of God

Bishop Gene Robinson[/i]

Spare me :annoyed:

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Not only did they appoint an unrepentant sinner as a bishop, but they appointed a clueless unrepentant sinner. Just a few nuggets here:

[quote]Bishop Robinson said: "We are seeing so many Roman Catholics joining the church. [/quote]
Actually, I think the trend has been the other way. And the ones who are going to the Episcopal Church generally go there for their 'all the sin, none of the guilt' stance. The episcopal church in America is growing at a much slower rate compared to the Catholic Church.

[quote]He continued: "I find it so vile that they think they are going to end the child abuse scandal by throwing out homosexuals from seminaries. [/quote]
He doesn't understand that prohibiting homosexuals is part of the larger plan to prevent all sexual abuse from priests and to have a priesthood that fully respects sexuality.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

he is the anti-christ. and he calls himself a christian. How dare he profess the faith of Chrsitianity! he is an idiot who changed christain doctrine to suit his own perverted purposes. his church is vile not ours.