An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vive le France

toledo_jesus

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 8 2005, 11:09 PM']get with it kiddo.  the sooner we stop graying up a black and white issue (catholicism is right, islam is wrong) the better.

We're called to love them, not put up with their carp.

[right][snapback]783251[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That is a ridiculous statement. Especially since there were alot of French Catholics who started killing and setting things on fire out of frustration with thier station in life back during the revolution.

[quote name='Ken' date='Nov 12 2005, 02:12 AM']That is a ridiculous statement. Especially since there were alot of French Catholics who started killing and setting things on fire out of frustration with thier station in life back during the revolution.
[right][snapback]786295[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The Revolution had a distinctly anti-Catholic flair...if I recall correctly. Which I do.

The leaders of the Revolution weren't Catholic, and the people they whipped into a frenzy were stupid peasants. These Muslims can read and afford hip-hop apparel...they're much better off than the French were 200 years ago. They're not demanding food.

It's not a ridiculous statement, Ken. It's ridiculous to try to justify their actions with another period of civil strife that was abhorrent in scope.

For 1400 years muslims have been misbehaving. Why should the authentic Muslims stop now?

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 12 2005, 08:58 AM']The Revolution had a distinctly anti-Catholic flair...if I recall correctly.  Which I do.

[right][snapback]786336[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow....you were alive then!!!! :D: :D: :D: :D:

Well to say Catholicism is right is quite true in the statement.

To say Islam is wrong is quite false.

Islam isn't false wholesale.

They believe in One God.

They believe in the Jewish history.

They accept the greater portion of Jesus's life.

They also have a strong devotion to Mary; being (from what I remember) the only woman to be mentioned in the Koran and mentioned more times than Jesus at that. (Mind you, in practice, Mary isn't prayed to and such in all of the Islamic world but in Northern Iraq and most of Egypt one may find devotion to Mary. I'm sure there are other places throughout the Arabic world; I'd guess the muslims in Lebenon are likely candidates since they live in a Catholic country).

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='Ken' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:14 AM']I was reffereing to your statement that Catholicism is right, Islam is wrong statement. Thats sounds a bit holier then thou if you ask me.
[right][snapback]786889[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What's wrong with being "holier-than-thou" (saying one religion is holier than another)? Christianity and Islam cannot both be true.
We're not relativists that believe it is wrong to declare anything right or wrong, true or false (a ridiculous and self-contradictory assertion.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Nov 12 2005, 12:25 PM']Wow....you were alive then!!!! :D:D:D:D:
[right][snapback]786399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not something I like to brag about, but yeah.

[quote name='Ken' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:14 AM']I was reffereing to your statement that Catholicism is right, Islam is wrong statement. Thats sounds a bit holier then thou if you ask me.
[right][snapback]786889[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Which one will get you to Heaven? Shoot dang, I gotta say it's Catholicism. To claim otherwise is relativist. Salvation does not lie at the end of the Hajj.

Anyone want to argue that ignorance will save them?