An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baptist Ramblings On Catholics

Didacus

The link in the original post does not work?

ANd well done everyone in your genuine defence of Catholicism and truth. God bless us, every one.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='7176' date='Jul 21 2003, 07:47 PM']That's understandable. I really appreciate the knowledge and wisdom in your posts Ironmonk.

No worries all- I've been told I've been hoodwinked by Catholicism by an administrator at the BB. :P

I really hope that I get to participate in some formal debates instead of all the stuff they like to repeat over, and over, and over....and over again on the BB. It's the same stuff all the time to prove why they are right and everyone else is wrong. Maybe they are. I'm not so sure though.[/quote]
I hear that after a while, those debates boil down to pretty much the same thing, and are about as repetitious. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, as witnessing to Christ is a labor of love, regardless of monotony.

[quote name='Staretz' post='1439598' date='Dec 29 2007, 11:56 AM']what's with all the resurrected threads from 4 yeas ago??[/quote]
Didacus misses the game.

Oh my goodness. I just went on this site and they really do not like Catholics. Hmm. They state that we do not have salvation and that we are doomed to Hell, but where would they be without the Catholic Church? Not until the Protestant Reformation did people break off.

Also, the Church, before the Bible was 'published' had to survive off of [i]tradition[/i]

oh well....

I don't think they will listen to us.

Even if this thread is old, I must say, that is a very frightening site.
How could a Christian ever think of judging someone insofar as condemning another to hell, [i]especially[/i] if the someone was a Christian!?
I think some heavy praying is in order...
:sign:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1439909' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:36 AM']Even if this thread is old, I must say, that is a very frightening site.
How could a Christian ever think of judging someone insofar as condemning another to hell, [i]especially[/i] if the someone was a Christian!?
I think some heavy praying is in order...
:sign:[/quote]
It helps to subscribe to the "saved"/"not saved" ideology based upon Calvinistic predestination. Of course, predestination naturally leads to determinism.