An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Homosexual Marriage Be Banned?

Sinner

Should Homosexual Marriage Be Banned By Constitutional Amendments In Each State?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

StatingTheObvious

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Nov 6 2005, 03:54 PM']Yes I'm saying that athiests and non believers have no right to marry.  I have not been vague in this position yet. And marriages should only be offered by religious communities.
[right][snapback]780374[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Is that your final answer?

[quote name='StatingTheObvious' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:49 PM']Is that your final answer?
[right][snapback]783958[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Might be.

Are you planning on adding anything substantive to the conversation or are you gonna continue with your normal mode of operation and just be pointless?

i believe if i read correctly that texas adopted the measure that defines marriage as between a man and a woman (I am not 100% sure, but it is in the news.)

that is all.

StatingTheObvious

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Nov 9 2005, 05:05 PM']Might be.[right][snapback]784100[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Speaking of pointless. :detective: Maybe I was hoping to be enlightened. That's not a very elightening answer. :idontknow:

[quote name='StatingTheObvious' date='Nov 9 2005, 04:31 PM']Speaking of pointless.  :detective:  Maybe I was hoping to be enlightened.  That's not a very elightening answer.  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]784127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Riggghhht

That's why you're a troll. To be enlightened..

[quote]Yes I'm saying that athiests and non believers have no right to marry.  I have not been vague in this position yet. And marriages should only be offered by religious communities.[/quote] [No intention to feed the troll... :blowkiss: :lol: ] But hot stuff, do you see the multi-nature of marriage? Though civil marriage is a diminished reflection of what Christian marriage is, it should at lease be an accurate reflection and not be the exact opposite. That's why the Catholic Church will bless and validate a civil marriage if the couple discovers the Graces of the Marriage Sacrament and come to the Church. A civil marriage may be a sprout, but a Christian marriage brings the water and sun so the sprout may blossom to it's full potential. :D:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Oct 22 2005, 03:22 PM']Since marriage is between a man and a woman there can be no such thing as a [i]gay [/i]marriage.
[right][snapback]767347[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Very true indeed!

StatingTheObvious

[quote name='jasJis' date='Nov 9 2005, 09:10 PM'][No intention to feed the troll... :blowkiss:   :lol:  ] [right][snapback]784314[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Great, so leave me starvin'. :maddest: He's too skeered to answer you anyway. :pinch: Or he's got better things to do then read one of your long winded answers. Watch Bill OReally and get a grip on 'pithy' :D:

Edited by StatingTheObvious

PadreSantiago

You know many people get married and never have kids. Some people hate kids so it doesn't make sense for them to have a family. In this day and age of 6 billion plus people it's not imperative to the human race that everyone start procreating. There is no problem with someone not wanting to have kids. And if Rainbow Jeremy and Ricky C. want to live together and sodimize each other or perform fellatio on each other in the privacy of their homes well then so be it. This is america people LEARN THE RULES. They are not infringing on your rights so let them be.

PadreSantiago

oh yeah and I live in texas, it makes me ill-sick to think about how many redneck homophobic meth heads that engage in beastiality litter the highways of my great state.

=) DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

StatingTheObvious

[quote name='PadreSantiago' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:38 AM']oh yeah and I live in texas, it makes me ill-sick to think about how many redneck homophobic meth heads that engage in beastiality litter the highways of my great state.

=) DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS
[right][snapback]786866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]gee. isnt that tolerant? is that allowed in the rules? whats wrong with beastialiity if i want to do it in the privacy of my own barn? i'd rather be a redneck homophobic meth head with a sheep girlfriend driving down the road throwing my baby ruth wrapper out the window and admit it then be a hypocritical fascist like you and try to tell people im the most fair and itelligent person to come along since lady diana.

Edited by StatingTheObvious

Guest I Am Not Chris Zewe

I really don't feel like reading all this idiocy, so I'll just say one thing and meander away for now...

Marriage is about [b]love[/b], not one's gender.

StatingTheObvious

[quote name='I Am Not Chris Zewe' date='Nov 13 2005, 10:23 AM']I really don't feel like reading all this idiocy, so I'll just say one thing and meander away for now...

Marriage is about [b]love[/b], not one's gender.
[right][snapback]787127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]well now. you don't know about love that stays around after your car accident and you can't make love. you don't know about love that hangs around and helps you after your 6 week crack binge. you don't know about love that helps you find help after 4 years of suicidal thoughts.

i guess you just didn't want to hear about [u]that[/u] [i][b]idocy[/b][/i] and had your fingers in your ears singing "la-la-la-la-i'm-not-listening-la-la-la-la".

QFNOL,
Man I am slow for a thread starter.... but what I meant was that it is your duty as a Catholic to vote... (from Cathechism):
2240 Submission to authority and co-responsibility for the common good make it morally obligatory to pay taxes, to exercise the right to vote,,,

QFNOL there are several states that had laws against sodomy that have allowed same sex marriage due to rulings by liberal judges. This amendment to the Texas constitution is pre-emptive to prevent that in Texas.

Marriage is about procreation. The ability to procreate is a prerequisite to contract a Sacramental Marriage.