An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modernist?

Cam42

So, who thinks that I am a modernist?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 13 2006, 10:09 AM']I didn't call you a modernist.
[right][snapback]855034[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sam,

I just found out that I can't PM you so forgive me for this wee hijacking.
I wanted to note that I realize that my recent post in the QA in response to your question regarding canon 28 of Chalcedon was a bit scattered and sloppy, but I was wondering if I addressed the issues to your satisfaction? I feel a bit inspired to give it a second try with a more comprehensive response as the subject of Chalcedon is actually one of interest to me, and it ought to be dealt with in a most careful and thoughtful manner. But if you're all set I suppose I would just be wasting my time.

God bless.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 13 2006, 12:09 PM']I didn't call you a modernist.
[right][snapback]855034[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You said my adherence to the Modernist Heresy depended? That is a pretty damning statement Sam.

[url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10415a.htm"]Modernism[/url], what part of this do I adhere? Or what part of [url="http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius10/p10pasce.htm"]PASCENDI DOMINICI GREGIS [/url] do I subscribe to.

You said it depended. What parts of this does it depend upon? C'mon Sam, back up your position or aplogize.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 13 2006, 10:14 AM']You said my adherence to the Modernist Heresy depended?  That is a pretty damning statement Sam.

[url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10415a.htm"]Modernism[/url], what part of this do I adhere?  Or what part of [url="http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius10/p10pasce.htm"]PASCENDI DOMINICI GREGIS [/url] do I subscribe to.

You said it depended.  What parts of this does it depend upon?  C'mon Sam, back up your position or aplogize.
[right][snapback]855039[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If you're a modernist I wonder what that would make me? I categorically oppose limbo!! :shock: Anathema sit? :hehehe:

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 13 2006, 12:15 PM']If you're a modernist I wonder what that would make me? I categorically oppose limbo!!  :shock: Anathema sit? :hehehe:
[right][snapback]855041[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolling: Anathema sit!!!! Love it!!!!!! :rolling:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jan 13 2006, 10:34 AM']ugh, who brought this back up... :annoyed:
[right][snapback]855062[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It was Jeff!! He's a witch!!! Burn him anyway!

Laudate_Dominum

random spam: I just peeped the spy feature and it said that the Google.com bot is "Printing a topic". Wtfreek? I'd like to see a bot go to the printer, pick up a sheet of paper and read it.. That's weird.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:14 AM']You said my adherence to the Modernist Heresy depended?  That is a pretty damning statement Sam.

[url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10415a.htm"]Modernism[/url], what part of this do I adhere?  Or what part of [url="http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius10/p10pasce.htm"]PASCENDI DOMINICI GREGIS [/url] do I subscribe to.

You said it depended.  What parts of this does it depend upon?  C'mon Sam, back up your position or aplogize.
[right][snapback]855039[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Jeff said that if you were a modernist then we all would be lost. I disagreed. I don't what you believe, nor would I call you a modernist.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:05 AM']Jeff said that if you were a modernist then we all would be lost. I disagreed. I don't what you believe, nor would I call you a modernist.
[right][snapback]855089[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What if I were to demonstrate based on selections from your past posts contrasted with the syllabus of errors and the decree against modernism that you are in fact a modernist? I'm thinking of doing this just for fun sometime when I have time to kill. As a joke so don't worry. :P:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:21 AM']sure.
[right][snapback]855107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:hehehe: cool. thanks man.

btw, did you see my PM on the previous page?

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Sam,

I just found out that I can't PM you so forgive me for this wee hijacking.
I wanted to note that I realize that my recent post in the QA in response to your question regarding canon 28 of Chalcedon was a bit scattered and sloppy, but I was wondering if I addressed the issues to your satisfaction? I feel a bit inspired to give it a second try with a more comprehensive response as the subject of Chalcedon is actually one of interest to me, and it ought to be dealt with in a most careful and thoughtful manner. But if you're all set I suppose I would just be wasting my time.

God bless.

yes i i did see it. your answer was Actually quite good. Thanks a lot!

Sam

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:57 AM']yes i i did see it. your answer was Actually quite good. Thanks a lot!

Sam
[right][snapback]855137[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Coolio.. If you think of anything else let me know as I'm eager to continue ranting about Chalcedon and the early councils in general.. Maybe I'll make a thread in the Apologetics board.