An Old School Catholic Message Board

banning x and/or y?

dairygirl4u2c

Between fornication and sodomy, which do you think should be made illegal?:  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

you should be happy i'm being more straightforward than i normally would by asking both of these at the same time.

also if you think it depends on the jurisdiction, please let me know that or any other qualifiers etc

The sin of Sodomon was spilling his seed on the ground

Is that delicate enough?

I don't think either should be illegal, because enforcing it would be bizarre. Possibly impossible.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Oct 18 2005, 08:33 PM']The sin of Sodomon was spilling his seed on the ground

Is that delicate enough?

I don't think either should be illegal, because enforcing it would be bizarre. Possibly impossible.
[right][snapback]763059[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You're thinking of the sin of Onan (onanism).
Sodomy is named after the city of Sodom. The cities of Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed by God for the sin of homosexuality.

There is no "Sodomon" in the bible! :D: There was a King Solomon, but he has nothing to do with this topic.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Oct 19 2005, 01:25 PM']I'll take it as a testament to my good virtue for that first goof-up...
[right][snapback]763811[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'll take it as a testament you need to read your Old Testament . . .

dairygirl4u2c

i was going to work on wording my questions better and posts so as not to waste your time

ah, truly my mistake. you are correct

I must admit, while a poll as to which orifice is less sinful to screw is a unique one, I feel that it highlights the next step you need to take in improving your questions...that of depth of inquiry for genuine discussion

even with my acceptance of rather higher-than-typically-found-on-this-board tolerances, this appears to be relatively crude for this crowd.... now, other boards, it would be par for the course....

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='Socrates' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:35 PM']You're thinking of the sin of Onan (onanism).
Sodomy is named after the city of Sodom.  The cities of Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed by God for the sin of homosexuality.

There is no "Sodomon" in the bible!  :D:  There was a King Solomon, but he has nothing to do with this topic.
[right][snapback]763229[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

would it not be for the sin of homosexual acts instead of simply homosexuality?

[quote name='jezic' date='Oct 30 2005, 02:55 PM']would it not be for the sin of homosexual acts instead of simply homosexuality?
[right][snapback]774149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh come off it! You know darn well what I'm talking about. I said "sin" which implies acts. Obviously, Sodom was not destroyed for unacted-upon temptations. <_<

Edited by Socrates