An Old School Catholic Message Board

our interactions with Homosexuals in our community

dspen2005

Repent from what? And don't forget, rying to show sinners the truth requires love and charity. The threat of hell doesn't mean anything if we cannot convince them of the truth, and you'll have a hard time finding an audience for angry rants.

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:12 PM']Anyone who doesn't reprimand active homosexuals are guilty of mortal sins. Those who don't reprimand will be bound up and cast into eternal anguish in the fires of hell, where eating maggots will be the closest they will come to fulfilling their hungers, and the biggest hunger will be an empty void where God the Terrible Judge should fill, but alas, is not there.

unless you repent and reprimand homosexuals and other sinners, you will be damned.
[right][snapback]760640[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are we called to reprimand those who use silly, pointless and inflammatory rhetoric as well?

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 16 2005, 10:50 PM']Are we called to reprimand those who use silly, pointless and inflammatory rhetoric as well?
[right][snapback]760674[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sheesh, hot stuff! Don't be such a fanatic.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' date='Oct 16 2005, 10:12 PM']Anyone who doesn't reprimand active homosexuals are guilty of mortal sins. Those who don't reprimand will be bound up and cast into eternal anguish in the fires of hell, where eating maggots will be the closest they will come to fulfilling their hungers, and the biggest hunger will be an empty void where God the Terrible Judge should fill, but alas, is not there.

unless you repent and reprimand homosexuals and other sinners, you will be damned.
[right][snapback]760640[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
there is a difference between giving someone a reprimand (which suggests that you have some degree of authority to give the reprimand) and admonishing people who are in sin. To admonish is to correct someone in a brotherly way because you care about them.

photosynthesis

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Oct 16 2005, 07:14 PM']I don't feel adverse to homosexuals; not because I pity them for their struggle (I've yet to meet one who puts up a fight), but because I am so often exposed to them.
[right][snapback]760500[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
there are many homosexuals out there who actively fighting the temptation. don't assume that because you haven't been exposed to something, it's not out there.

[quote]where eating maggots will be the closest they will come to fulfilling their hungers[/quote]

Apparently Joe Rogan rules in hell

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:51 AM']who's Joe Rogan?
[right][snapback]760909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The host of the show "Fear Factor"

I think a lot of the time a reaction a gay kid gets to coming out in the Church is a lot different than other people coming out with their disorders. For example, lets say a guy admitted he was an alcoholic, people treat him with compassion and take him to AA and generally understand, or at least empathize. But if the same guy came out and said he liked boys people would tell him he's going to hell, that the way he felt was wrong point blank. I think they'd be less supportative of any effort on his part to move away from his SSA and that they'd always keep a learing eye on him. I think homosexuality and SSA are things people are scared of and things they haven't had much contact with. Alcoholism they can deal with, alcoholism is a 'normal' problem, as in 'normal' people get it, but SSA is a disorder and a person isn't 'normal' if they are gay.

That's just how I feel, or what I've seen. In my generation it's less, but I know a lot of kids I grew up with that would have major problems with my gay friends. There wouldn't me compassion or understanding or room for change, just rejection and maybe contempt.

[quote]But if the same guy came out and said he liked boys people would tell him he's going to hell, that the way he felt was wrong point blank.[/quote]

I think you're wrong. Period. Such a person would receive the same compassionate help as an alcoholic. The priest or someone else at the parish would gladly drive him to Courage. They would also tell an alcoholic point blank that his drinking is wrong.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Era Might' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:51 AM']I think you're wrong. Period. Such a person would receive the same compassionate help as an alcoholic. The priest or someone else at the parish would gladly drive him to Courage. They would also tell an alcoholic point blank that his drinking is wrong.
[right][snapback]760956[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Courage isn't all over the place like AA. there are a lot of priests and other Catholics out there that don't even know it exists, sadly. And speaking as someone who doesn't have a car and depends on others for rides, it's very hard to get a ride anywhere.

Catholic Fanatic

Remeber the Jesus Christ, the Terrible Judge Himself, preached fire and brimstone. He taught of wailing and gnashing of teeth and not being released until the last penny has been paid, which can never happen.

Would you all would be out there telling the Judge Himself to be more PC?

[color=red] personal attack [/color] :club:

Edited by cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' date='Oct 17 2005, 08:27 AM']Remeber the Jesus Christ, the Terrible Judge Himself, preached fire and brimstone. He taught of wailing and gnashing of teeth and not being released until the last penny has been paid, which can never happen.

Would you all would be out there telling the Judge Himself to be more PC?

Your passive nature is venially sinful at best...
[right][snapback]760987[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Strangely enough, Jesus never talked about homosexuality.

However the Church does. But I don't recall where the Church has declared it to be a mortal sin not to reprimand the homosexual. Care to elaborate?

Also

maggots?

Ubi caritas, Deus ibi est....

please exercise charity in this thread. The questions i asked are meant to be intellectually engaging and are intended to make u think critically about the reasons and premises upon which you base your beliefs and ground yourself in the Faith.

Edited by dspen2005