An Old School Catholic Message Board

SSPX

Ora et Labora

[quote]What we are discussing right now is the fundamental error of the SSPX's position. They assume that they know the intent of the Church. And that intnent which they claim to know is contrary to every document, pronunciation and breath of the last 40-some-odd years. Hence the schism.[/quote]

I don't understand this last part. I believe we all agree that the Church's intent is transubstantiation. what do you say they think the intent is? i'm confused

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Oct 15 2005, 06:34 PM']what about saint Anthansius.

but moving on i don't know if that sspx priest you talked too was correct or not. but the original founding idea was to celebrate the 1962 liturgy.

I unfourtunatley place my alliegance with tradition and not with pre-concliar ideas or a new mass that was written by protestants.
[right][snapback]759595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you are treading dangerously close to placing yourself above the authority of the bishops and conferring upon yourself power of which you cannot possess as a layman

Ora et Labora

hes just saying he doesnt listen or take seriously to what protastants say...:)

what is pre-concliar mean?

well, pre-concilliar just basically refers to everything in the Church before Vatican II, not just the last council before Vatican II.

post-concilliar could be used in a derogatory way to refer to the people who think the Church was born 40 years ago and ignore everything pre-counciliar, or if we want to be correct about things the true post-councilliar church includes everything from Pentecost to the present, all 21 councils and everything.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Oct 18 2005, 11:52 AM']you are treading dangerously close to placing yourself above the authority of the bishops and conferring upon yourself power of which you cannot possess as a layman
[right][snapback]762520[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
bishop De Castro mayor and Bishop Lefebvre?

Sam- you and I are on the same level.

Sorry I haven't been posting so much, my computer's been going crazy.

We've talked and talked and yelled and disagreed about the SSPX so much, it's interesting that whoever began this thread didn't find the other posts...

We all know what cam42 and the others, and those who embrace modernist thought and yet are official theologians of PM think, and if another SSPX thread starts again, it'll just be the same- arguments.

I asked moderators to remove this, so another argument won't happen.

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Oct 19 2005, 07:54 PM']Sam- you and I are on the same level.

Sorry I haven't been posting so much, my computer's been going crazy.

We've talked and talked and yelled and disagreed about the SSPX so much, it's interesting that whoever began this thread didn't find the other posts...

We all know what cam42 and the others, and those who embrace modernist thought and yet are official theologians of PM think, and if another SSPX thread starts again, it'll just be the same- arguments.

I asked moderators to remove this, so another argument won't happen.
[right][snapback]764246[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you calling me a heretic? Are you saying that I am suscribing to the Modernist heresy? Because when one speaks in that manner, I equate that with the SSPX's erroneous view of Modernism.

I am hardly a Modernist. I think that if Thumper is reading this, she has to be laughing her *hiney* off. I am perhaps one of the most traditional Catholics on this board, bar none.

I am just not a supporter of schismatics, such as the SSPX.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i disagree you accept heretical modernistic teachings of vatican II. read the syallabus of errors then read lumen gentum..... there seems to be some contradiction

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:08 PM']i disagree you accept heretical modernistic teachings of vatican II. read the syallabus of errors then read lumen gentum..... there seems to be some contradiction
[right][snapback]764255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sam....don't go down that road.....we have asked repeatedly for you to study first.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:03 PM']sspx=bad bad BAD

schism is bad

thats all

lol :D:
[right][snapback]764305[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Rodin has spoken.......

THAT IS ALL. :P: