An Old School Catholic Message Board

Video Game Good... Bad...

Livin_the_MASS

Are Video Games evil?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 4 2005, 09:53 AM']I :love: card games.  There is nothing better than a bunch of people getting together for cards, drinking some beer or wine and having a great time.
[right][snapback]778693[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree. At one of the papers I used to work for, we'd regularly get together and play gin and euchre. I really miss playing euchre.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Nov 4 2005, 11:54 AM']I agree. At one of the papers I used to work for, we'd regularly get together and play gin and euchre. I really miss playing euchre.
[right][snapback]778695[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I tried learning euchre. It honestly just goes right over my head. :idontknow:

[quote name='Carrie' date='Nov 4 2005, 09:56 AM']I tried learning euchre.  It honestly just goes right over my head.  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]778696[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, from what I understand you pretty much have to have been born in Indiana to really understand the subtleties of it.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Nov 3 2005, 08:33 PM']I like RTS games alot, because if there well made, then its more about using actual skills, strategies & tactics, rather than timing and just all out killing.
[right][snapback]778237[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Total Annihilation & TA:Kingdoms were some of the best RTS games ever made.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='hopeful1' date='Oct 28 2005, 09:49 PM']speaking of ffVII, I'm dressing up as aeris for my newman center's halloween bonfire, and hope to cosplay her one day. can't wait for advent children to come out! :woot:
[right][snapback]773173[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

!!!! thats so cool! why havent we seen pics yet?!

me and my friends have always wanted to cosplay the entire starting lineup of the Besaid Aurochs. Blitzball for the win!!! we're just too lazy, and have no sewing skillz.

PadreSantiago

yeah I just wanted to throw in that I hate it when people try to blame video games for violent behavoir. If anything video games can be a very good outlet for anger. I've played video games since 1985 and I've never killed anyone. Violence has been around forever! How can you blame violence on tv and video games? It makes me laugh I mean was hitler playing that jew killing simulator game "Jew theft auto" when he was a kid? And that's what made him decide to kill them all? It's ridiculous. People play super mario brothers but you don't see articles about rampent mushroom consumption and deaths by jumping on people heads.

after I play need for speed, I find myself driving faster, cutting corners, and trying to evade the police :ninja:

I found I'm not as good at evading the police in real life as in the game.

i had a whole year if not more totally ruined on online video games epecially counterstrike i got really good and was in and out of the best clans and "making" friends that i haven'ty even met. its stupid that i remember i could play for a whole day non stop!! what a waste of time, there are ppl out there living on the streets and hungry and there i was learning nothing and wasting precious time, its like that with weed, i don't condemn weed, i don't do anymore because there are better things to do in life and the time and money wasted on it could be used usefully.

anyways i think they are cool, but there has to be a balance!!!
i mean i have totally stopped video games cos they are just plain boring tbh\

but every1 is different and so i just say b careful and step back and have a look how much time ur spending on games

God Bless

Yeah. I used to play video games constantly. I had to stop when I met my fiance to hang out with her (she wasn't my fiance, then). Well, I guess she's been pretty good to me, because I enjoy reality now more than video games. But, it's still fun to play every once in a while. My usual rule is: only play around or with others. This prevents totally getting sucked in and makes you double your video game time with fellowship. I find this to be far more reward than my old way of hours of rpgs between homework and classes that I used to do.

In Christ's Love,
JoeyO.