An Old School Catholic Message Board

Video Game Good... Bad...

Livin_the_MASS

Are Video Games evil?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's only bad if you find yourself visualizing life as the video game or you're constantly fantasizing about playing said videogame. This is particularly true if you find yourself acting out things from said videogame.

For instance, Gran Turismo can have an influence on the way you drive, or you find yourself instinctively picking out sniper points as if you were in a FPS, or even (you Photoshop junkies) rearranging, coloring and whatnot the world around you.

I just don't like them and especially despise this "halo" I always hear the people accross the hall playing... I don't know my moral opinion on them, just don't like em...

photosynthesis

I never used to play video games, but then I started getting into Civilization III and Age of Empires and it all went downhill from there... I love conquering other civilizations :)

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 12 2005, 12:42 AM'] I love conquering other civilizations
[right][snapback]755008[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think the Catholic Spaniards have a position waiting for you....

Video games are awesome. I especially like Halo Xbox lan parties with friends. Sometimes games can be frustrating. Why play when you're angry? Games are to be entertaining and fun. At that point, I'll shut off the Xbox and do something better.

Hehe, whats so bad about visualing life as a video game? :P: I've had times where I've wandered in a building and though, "this would make a sweet CTF map!" or something likewise.

TIme wasted on video games is time that could be spent contemplating divine majesty.

Video games are not evil. But excess is.

All things in moderation and all things for the Glory of God.

UT IN OMNIBUS GLORIFICETUR DEUS.

-Joe

[quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Oct 12 2005, 11:16 AM']TIme wasted on video games is time that could be spent contemplating divine majesty.

[right][snapback]755356[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

better stop wasting that time in here, then...

heh

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:16 PM']I thoroughly enjoyed the Monkey Island series by LucasArts
[right][snapback]755767[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i love the humor in that series :lol_roll: