An Old School Catholic Message Board

This is interesting ...

St. Jane Frances De Chantal

St. Jane Frances De Chantal

I found this on the Left Behind forum (a place i dont go very often <_< ) the topic kind of upset me. I need you opinions please!!!

[url="http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=lb-prophecyclub&msg=4337.1&ctx=1"]http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.as...sg=4337.1&ctx=1[/url]

Thanx

Edited by St. Jane Frances De Chantal

Guest T-Bone

Sounds like the standard FundaMentalist Catholic bashing to me.

Ask them to point out in the Bible where the Bible is EXPLICIT in backing up Rapture Theology...

OK

Crawling out from beneath the rock here. I've heard the term many times before, but for the sake of my limited understanding, someone please explain to me what this 'rapture' really is all about?

I for certain do not intend to pay 29$ to sign up to that website.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:58 AM']OK

Crawling out from beneath the rock here.  I've heard the term many times before, but for the sake of my limited understanding, someone please explain to me what this 'rapture' really is all about?
[right][snapback]749513[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Vague-ish understanding:

...end of the world, the 'worthy Christians' are taken up bodily into heaven, while the rest of us heathens are stuck down here and get into our apocalypse groove...some amount of time passes (a few years?) [i]then[/i] the big JC comes down

oh, and Catholics? Yeah, not Christians, apparently. Mr. Pope is the big anti-christ, Catholics have the whole cult of Tamooz thing going on...you know the drill

Edited by Cow of Shame

Oh borther! *slaps his head* Now I remember. Ya I know them a bit, well as much as I want to anyways.

I think I'll stick around for the party here on earth until the big JC comes if that's ok with them. And if its not, big deal...

*slaps head again* ouch, that gets to hurt sometimes.

White Knight

Is it really worth reading? or is it just another Catholic Bashing thread off a Baiest against Catholics type forum?

[quote name='White Knight' date='Oct 7 2005, 01:40 PM']Is it really worth reading? or is it just another Catholic Bashing thread off a Baiest against Catholics type forum?
[right][snapback]749647[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LISTEN! You want to be left behind - its your thing! But don't go bashing in good honest people who want to make that first cut just because they're a little dillusional. ok? Got that? :maddest:

How many paths is there to salvation?

As many as there are people on the face of the earth. - then Cardinal Ratzinger, from 'Salt of the Earth'. He might be the anti-christ, but he has a way with words!

White Knight

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 01:43 PM']LISTEN!  You want to be <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=left%20behind&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: left behind'; self.ql_skeyphrase='left%20behind'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='left%20behind'; window.status='Search for: left behind';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">left behind</a> - its your thing!  But don't go bashing in good honest people who want to make that first cut just because they're a little dillusional.  ok?  Got that? :maddest:
How many paths is there to salvation?

As many as there are people on the face of the earth. - then Cardinal Ratzinger, from 'Salt of the Earth'.  He might be the anti-christ, but he has a way with words!
[right][snapback]749649[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey I wasn't making fun of you are anything, I was just asking if that article was Anti-Catholic or not, if I offended you, I appoligize. :)

Cow of Shame

[quote name='White Knight' date='Oct 7 2005, 01:40 PM']Is it really worth reading? or is it just another Catholic Bashing thread off a Baiest against Catholics type forum?
[right][snapback]749647[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

not sure...Left Behind has had some anti-catholic flavoring to it, but I don't think they're totally in-your-face (my impressions)

there's nothing actually anti-catholic about the rapture...I think there's some biblical backing to the idea, but I'm too lazy to look into it, the same way I haven't bothered to click on the posted link.

go ahead & check it out, if you're curious.

Edited by Cow of Shame

cmotherofpirl

The rapture is false teaching teaching invented by people who where trying to interpret scripture on their own - the blind leading the blind.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Oct 7 2005, 02:50 PM']Hey I wasn't making fun of you are anything, I was just asking if that article was Anti-Catholic or not, if I offended you, I appoligize.  :)
[right][snapback]749654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[b]Didacus[/b] was being sarcastic/joking, he's Catholic. :lol:

[b]Didacus[/b], there are two amazing books that deal with the whole Rapture craze.

[b]"Will Catholics Be Left Behind?"[/b] - Carl E. Olson (I own this book)

[b]"The Rapture Trap"[/b] - Paul Thigpen

Also, Phatmass has something on it: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat_id/162"]http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat_id/162[/url]

I'm still disapointed about not getting to believe in the Rapture anymore. I spent seven years waiting and hoping for it to come. It's like going all through school and finding out there is no such thing as graduation....

Edited by tomasio127