An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jin Shin Jyutsu

at0m1c

[url="http://www.jinshinjyutsu.com/"]http://www.jinshinjyutsu.com/[/url]

Is this an occult practice? I need advice, because my Catholic friend is into this, and he thinks that there is nothing wrong. I have a bad feeling about this.

Wow, thats raising many big, bright red flags in my mind.

[quote]Literally defined, Jin Shin Jyutsu is the Art of the Creator expressed through knowing and compassionate man.[/quote]
The Art of the Creator? Who is this creator?

It seems to be A LOT like Reiki, and attempting to control forces and energy to accomplish one's desire....

On a more lightsided note, by the title, I thought it would be some sort of martial art, like Jiu Jitsu. :P:

photosynthesis

a lot of ancient chinese medicine is like that.. channeling certain "energies" in order to have more health and wellbeing. a lot of alternative/complimentary medicine is based on that, including acupuncture/acupressure and reflexology. obviously there is a very spiritual side to this type of "wellness" and I think there is a little bit of truth in it, as there is some truth in a lot of religions. however I'd be concerned about your friend since he already has the fullness of truth in the catholic church. why go elsewhere? if your friend is really interested in healing, maybe you could give him a book about God as a healer, or Our Lady of Lourdes, something like that?

Edited by photosynthesis

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 9 2005, 02:08 PM']a lot of ancient chinese medicine is like that..  channeling certain "energies" in order to have more health and wellbeing.  a lot of alternative/complimentary medicine is based on that, including acupuncture/acupressure and reflexology.  obviously there is a very spiritual side to this type of "wellness" and I think there is a little bit of truth in it, as there is some truth in a lot of religions.  however I'd be concerned about your friend since he already has the fullness of truth in the catholic church.  why go elsewhere?  if your friend is really interested in healing, maybe you could give him a book about God as a healer, or Our Lady of Lourdes, something like that?
[right][snapback]751717[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My friend IS Catholic. He is quite enthusiastic in evangelising. We are all from the Legion of Mary.

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Oct 6 2005, 02:09 PM']Wow, thats raising many big, bright red flags in my mind.
The Art of the Creator? Who is this creator?
[right][snapback]748546[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I do not trust ANYTHING that does not have God as its base.

Did I read something about "26 channels." Don't trust it.
Why so complicated? Jesus isn't.

On my lighter side, anything past 4 and "I'm stupid."
Being ex-military I can't count past 4.

• 3 weeks later...