An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dairy's Polls

Socrates

Dairygirl's polls are:  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Oct 5 2005, 11:37 PM']all i ask is that you don't ask why i ask most of the polls. i have agendas beyond what you might think i do. also don't assume i'm trying to debunk catholic morality by pointing out how people in the religion are inconsistent etc.

personally i think her polls are misunderstood.... much like an artist who is misunderstood...
[right][snapback]747972[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Interestingly, Dairygirl is the only one who seems to be contradictory. (Perhaps you'd mind pointing out an actual supposed Catholic "contradiction.")

Dairy, you might get more respect on here if you'd explain the agenda behind the polls. As a newbie, I tended to be more charitable, thinking maybe you were perhaps honestly seeking truth, but these polls and threads have been going on for at least well over a year, and never really seem to cover new ground. But you never seem to actually listen to the answers people give you, and the polls seem basically like continued desperate (and unsuccesful) attempts to try to "trick up" Catholics into denying their beliefs. It looks like a form of trolling, rather than honest dialogue, thus the "poll" parodying these tiresome polls.

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:45 PM']I have agendas beyond all knowing also, like the rebuilding of castle greyskull.
[right][snapback]749048[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Forget about it. Minas Tirith comes first. :lol_roll:

I just laughed for the first time on this forum. Woo.

Maybe I should make more threads about materialism and determinism to stir the coals. Has Dairy Queen done that yet? It's pretty much the one area wherein I feel orthodoxy is inadequate.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 03:12 PM']
You liek hockey... got some pretty good hockey threads going!
[right][snapback]748588[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry, not really a fan....not an anti-fan, either. Just sort of consumed with great, burning apathy.

The one game I went to, I think my toes froze solid.

crusader1234

I think her polls would be more interesting if she took the time to word them in a manner which would provoke debate on the topic as opposed to the wording.

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:26 PM']Forget about it. Minas Tirith comes first.  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]749151[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hmmm

I like grayskull!!!

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

I don't think I laughed so hard on this phorum since I read the grayskull remark!

(and for some reason I always compared prince Adam and Heman to Tarzan.... is that normal?)

dairygirl4u2c

[quote]But you never seem to actually listen to the answers people give you,[/quote]
The answers are inadequate, and I explain why, and no one wants to answer more, harder questions that don't have premade answers to them, or don't want to accept that the CC might be wrong due to the uncertainty of the situation when they can say it either is or it is not right based on the info, and they choose by default to say it is. Frankly, I don't think I've disproven the CC, I never claimed that, I simply see way too many unanswered questions that need research, beyond what a simple run to your catholic.com and see what you can get. History can be easily construed to fit anyone's beliefs, religions can easily be retrospectively fixed to continue. Real research is justified.

If you want specifics, please, start a thread and I will address anything honestly.

[quote]I think her polls would be more interesting if she took the time to word them in a manner which would provoke debate on the topic as opposed to the wording.[/quote]
I agree, she should! (I talk in this manner in jest)
I also think others should make more polls though, the ones that are created are usually just as but but more, it'd help to let you see that it takes time to think about how to word a poll well and even then yeah.. and it'd add to the creativity of the phorum.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:50 AM']The answers are inadequate, and I explain why, and no one wants to answer more, harder questions that don't have premade answers to them, or don't want to accept that the CC might be wrong due to blah blah blah

I also think others should make more polls though, the ones that are created are usually just as but but more, it'd help to let you see that it takes time to think about how to word a poll well and even then yeah.. and it'd add to the creativity of the phorum.
[right][snapback]749508[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

One thing I take issue with, then...is the fact that you start [i]polls[/i]. Polls are for rounding up some quick numbers.

What do you prefer? Coke or Sprite? VOTE:

If you want discussion, as you indicate at the beginning of your post, then why not just POSE THE QUESTION. You start a [i]poll[/i] and then wonder why no one forms an adequate response to your poll? That's not the point of a poll!

phatcatholic

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Oct 7 2005, 12:30 AM']I think her polls would be more interesting if she took the time to word them in a manner which would provoke debate on the topic as opposed to the wording.
[right][snapback]749255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yea, for real. i honestly can't understand her half the time. the way she words her sentences.........its like english is her second language. i'm honestly not trying to be offensive here. people who speak english as a second language construct their sentences the way she does. its just confusing. its either that or she is just not used to writing out her thoughts, or never really learned how, or something. i can't ever put my finger on it, but its really frustrating and annoying. :blink:

dairygirl4u2c

I tend to write out my thoughts as I think, and that doesn't include proofing my writing to ensure that I'm being clear. I do think my thoughts though, the unclarity simply makes it harder to understand. Plus there's just so many things to say and so little time. I probably should stop and ask myself what's really important and forget everything else so I can put more time into keeping the main idea clear. but yea, time.. people to do, things to see, and all that jazz...

Cow of Shame

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Oct 8 2005, 10:20 AM']I tend to write out my thoughts as I think, and that doesn't include proofing my writing to ensure that I'm being clear. I do think my thoughts though, the unclarity simply makes it harder to understand.
[right][snapback]750547[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sounds like you need to take the time to proof them, then.
I've been on the web for quite a while, and I take pride in being able to look over threads with the practiced eye of a German in a Thai brothel. Incoherence and a wandering line of thought completely turns me off. As you say, "there's just so many things to say and so little time"...have the decency to craft your posts as to not waste [b]our[/b] time.

dairygirl4u2c

good point.

i also like the content of your posts, COS. original, insightful. you obviously have a brain, which is a good thing!

phatcatholic

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Oct 8 2005, 01:53 PM']Sounds like you need to take the time to proof them, then.
I've been on the web for quite a while, and I take pride in being able to look over threads with the practiced eye of a German in a Thai brothel.  Incoherence and a wandering line of thought completely turns me off.  As you say, "there's just so many things to say and so little time"...have the decency to craft your posts as to not waste [b]our[/b] time.
[right][snapback]750662[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i agree.