An Old School Catholic Message Board

saving lives in a burning building

dairygirl4u2c

Hypothetically speaking, if you were in a burning building, and had to choose between saving ten test tube babies each two days developed, and a little 6 year old girl, which would you choose?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark of the Cross

yeah, me neither. God doesn't do miracles on an everyday basis... that's why they're called "miracles".

My phishy short answer is you are wrong. Miracles happen with a very high frequency. In that situation I would say "Lord I don't know what to do, I need your help now." I have been in such a situation of much lesser importance and recieved the needed help. Sometimes there is no time to ask, but the Lord knows his sheep and what they need. Do the words "Your faith has saved you!" mean anything? In such testing emergencies we rarely act on intellect! We act on instinct. My instinct would be that I would be helpless in such a decision and would 'instinctively' need to call on my faith.

My longer phishy answer is, for some reason when I read this topic I immediately thought of the little girl, but don't know why! She is not only a collection of human DNA but also has personality, memory, self awareness and most of all contains the emotions of love. Who really knows when the soul begins?? Is it suddenly there or does it develop from nothing at conception and grow until the baptism of spirit and fire completes it? In respect of human life, the potential to develop into a human and Gods intention, I have to go with the church teaching of conception. And therefore are strongly anti abortion. But somehow I have this gut feeling that if God does not save the babies then he has other plans for those souls. They will not be lost!

Edited by Mark of the Cross

Mark of the Cross

the necrobump to end all necrobumps

The original posts were before my time. Or I didn't have full functionality at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zetS51I0WwU&feature=kp

Edited by Mark of the Cross

maximillion

Have to admit I am somewhat confused by the apparent plethora of just about impossible scenarios we seem to want to discuss. There are lots of REAL problems in the world we would be better to be trying to solve, IMO.

Or are some pholks just plain bored?

Nihil Obstat

Have to admit I am somewhat confused by the apparent plethora of just about impossible scenarios we seem to want to discuss. There are lots of REAL problems in the world we would be better to be trying to solve, IMO.

Are you new to message boards? :hehe:

Im sad that I cant call 911

Can I at least employ a titanic sized elephant to put out the flames with the water from his trunk?

I miss Groo the Wanderer ... and yes, I hate necrobumps.  Especially 9.5 or so year old ones (like this one.....)

Benedictus

The girl, of course. The variables are not equal. And picking one doesn't negate the signifcance of the other having sanctity.

Mark of the Cross

Definitely! I Couldn't think of any other reason to post except that I was bored and looking around at a few forums I had been on in the past. And from the other posts I would say that many others are bored also.

brandelynmarie

Bored or drunk.... sometimes both, i think. I didn't realize how old this one was... sigh...