An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Universal Indult...!?

conservativecatholic

conservativecatholic

[quote name='MC Just' date='Oct 2 2005, 05:11 PM']i cant even believe people are against the idea!!

Latin is the Language of the church not english, spanish, french.etc.. Its better than having all these liberal liturgical abuse masses.
[right][snapback]743905[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Simply yet perfectly stated!

As someone has said before "It's important to realize that the Second Vatican Council did not call for the Mass to be celebrated in English. The only parts of the Mass that were meant to be said in English were the readings, or the Proper, which change from week to week and are also the only parts that people wouldn't be able to understand (if they didn't have a missal). If the Novus Ordo is done completely properly, it is quite beautiful!"

son_of_angels

I will put it this way. If congregations, to "spice things up," want to have a Tridentine Mass, but still ascribe to their lack of propriety in their celebration of the Missa Normativa, then they will not all the sudden repent and be "rubricist" in celebrating the Tridentine Mass. They will, like they do with the Missa Normativa, simply see Mass as a series of texts to recite and respond to, not as the ACTION of the Mass. After all, the beauty of the Tridentine Mass is not in how many times the Priest makes the sign of the cross during the Canon, but in the reverence that it gives at the coming of our Lord.

I would prefer many of the Jesuits and diocesan priests who ruin their own mass keep their fingers off the Tridentine Mass.

Nonetheless, when I said, "greater availability" I meant it. The Tridentine Mass ought to be a rite which any religious order, society, or fraternity can adopt with the permission of the "Ecclesia Dei Coalition." Anywhere they construct a chapel, serve a parish, own a school, etc. they ought to be allowed to perform the rite. Moreover any diocesan priest ought, with an internship in one of these orders, to be allowed to celebrate this form of the Mass in a diocesan church, so long as he says at least one public Mass of the Missa Normativa each week. To protect the rights of these orders, only the Coalition in Rome itself should have the authority to prevent them from building a chapel within a particular diocese. Bishops should be appointed to or recognized by the Coalition, at least one for every province, and be permitted to perform Confirmation, Ordinations, and Pontifical Masses all over the world. No order like this should be denied the right to say at least one mass a week in a Cathedral.

So the above is how I feel the Tridentine Mass should be governed, as the rite of particular religious orders or fraternities, given freedom to move about the world, like the Dominicans and Carthusians.

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Oct 2 2005, 08:51 PM']I will put it this way.  If congregations, to "spice things up," want to have a Tridentine Mass, but still ascribe to their lack of propriety in their celebration of the Missa Normativa, then they will not all the sudden repent and be "rubricist" in celebrating the Tridentine Mass.  They will, like they do with the Missa Normativa, simply see Mass as a series of texts to recite and respond to, not as the ACTION of the Mass.  After all, the beauty of the Tridentine Mass is not in how many times the Priest makes the sign of the cross during the Canon, but in the reverence that it gives at the coming of our Lord.

I would prefer many of the Jesuits and diocesan priests who ruin their own mass keep their fingers off the Tridentine Mass.

Nonetheless, when I said, "greater availability" I meant it. The Tridentine Mass ought to be a rite which any religious order, society, or fraternity can adopt with the permission of the "Ecclesia Dei Coalition."  Anywhere they construct a chapel, serve a parish, own a school, etc. they ought to be allowed to perform the rite.  Moreover any diocesan priest ought, with an internship in one of these orders, to be allowed to celebrate this form of the Mass in a diocesan church, so long as he says at least one public Mass of the Missa Normativa each week.  To protect the rights of these orders, only the Coalition in Rome itself should have the authority to prevent them from building a chapel within a particular diocese.  Bishops should be appointed to or recognized by the Coalition, at least one for every province, and be permitted to perform Confirmation, Ordinations, and Pontifical Masses all over the world.  No order like this should be denied the right to say at least one mass a week in a Cathedral.

So the above is how I feel the Tridentine Mass should be governed, as the rite of particular religious orders or fraternities, given freedom to move about the world, like the Dominicans and Carthusians.
[right][snapback]744006[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

son of angels, i agree with u on that one