An Old School Catholic Message Board

If you controlled the US gov for a day

ardillacid

crusader1234

Hmmm I'd probably make everything legal including Sharia law and then nobody could complain about anything. Aside from the people who get killed. But hey, they're mostly the ones that'd be shooting their mouth off asking for freedom anyways.

son_of_angels

Let me see,
1. outlaw abortion
2. make Canon Law and the Catechism a precedent for judicial review
3. send troops to conquer the Palestinian territories
4. Put a nuke right in the center of Mecca
5. and, of course, perpetuate my power by making myself king forever.

[quote name='Thumper' date='Oct 2 2005, 10:10 AM']Make it a law that Sandra Bullock has to date hot stuff.  :kiss:
[right][snapback]743623[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'd put Thumper in charge

I'd make a law that says All that I do that day stays forever:

somethings Id do would be:

outlaw abortion
outlaw gay marriage
put God back to wherever the librals took it out (including the pledge)

crusader1234

[quote name='curtins' date='Oct 2 2005, 10:19 AM']I'd make a law that says All that I do that day stays forever:
[/quote]

I wish it were that easy. I hear that class 6A at my elementary school where I was class president switched pizza lunches from thursday to tuesday. Idiots.

Annex Canada...
Then outlaw abortion, and those foolish "feeding is a choice" care of diabled/terminally ill people rules.
And I'd change the name of Alberta to "Mortal Sin" since it would be a state. So all the signs would say "You are now entering the state of Mortal Sin"

Okay, maybe not the last one. but I'd make the feast days of some of the well known Saints national holidays.

Thy Geekdom Come

I would abolish the goverment and hand all authority over the country to the auspices of the Holy See.

Noel's angel

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Oct 2 2005, 02:23 PM']
4. Put a nuke right in the center of Mecca
[right][snapback]743578[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

White Knight

I'd Ban Gay Marriage and Gay Unions, I'd elect Fanatical Conservative Supreme Court Judges, I'd bring back all the Ten Commandments in every public Federal Building, I'd make [b]"ABORTION ILLEGAL FOREVER" [/b] & alter our history back to the original way, & last but not least, I'd redefine the statusistical numbers in use of captial punishment.

God Bless, Pax Christi.

Edited by White Knight

The President can't just say "poof", I abolish abortion. He's a President, not a King. The balance of powers, and what not.

Edited by Era Might

toledo_jesus

I would take a ride on a jet to someplace cool, invite all the world leaders, and get free drinks at that cool place. Then in the middle of my third scotch I would announce that the US is done with the UN and if they want their problems solved they can do it themselves. At which point I will resign.