An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is the homosexual my neighbour?

Guest SinfulCreation

Is the homosexual my neighbour?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being a priest is not a right; it's a privilege. The sacrament of te priesthood is entirely in the Church's hands, and it is ultimately her responsibility who becomes a priest. Those who only study the Church in light of controversies are oversimplifying the reasons behind recent decisions, laying the blame solely on the pedophilia issue.

thessalonian

All men are your neighbors. All men must be loved. However we must have a correct understanding of what love is. I think Ezekiel spoke it best.

Ez 3
18. "When I say to the wicked, `You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.
19. "Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.

Guest SinfulCreation

The homosexual loves little boys, am i required to love him in return? He loves to destroy the church, do i love him in return?

[quote name='SinfulCreation' date='Oct 1 2005, 04:01 PM']The homosexual loves little boys, am i required to love him in return? He loves to destroy the church, do i love him in return?
[right][snapback]743156[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you "love" him in return? Yes. You do not love his sin.

I am a sinner. Jesus loves me, he died for me. He asks me for the sake of the love He has for me to step away from my sin.

He offers the same to homosexuals and any one else out of His Father's will.

i agree with that, two of my guy friends are gay, but i still love them, i don't agree with their actions though. And, not every homosexual is a pedophile, in fact, they both stand agaisnt pedophilia, child prostitution, and other things. And they love children, but not in a sick way.

Let's not confuse homosexuality with pedophilia, sinfulcreation. Let's also not lump people with the drive for certain sins into a category of enemies of the Church.

crusader1234

Homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same thing, as others have pointed out. And as others have also pointed out, every sinner is our neighbor. It is our job, as their neighbor, to show sinners two main things: charity and truth.

i see that people have at this point answered yes... yet there is one person who answered "no" -- hmmm, i think that individual ought to enlighten us

Homosexuality and pedophilia are definitely not the same. Homosexuality is not a sin, but acting on it is. Just the same....... I do not want my priest to be homosexual, pedophilic, addict, alcoholic or any other serious disorder.

son_of_angels

It is difficult to say "love the sinner, but hate the sin" with regards to sexual issues. After all, people derive a great deal of who they are from their sexual appetites, which is more tied to memory than even eating. Many young men wake up every morning and commit every sort of sexual, but it would be difficult to say that you hate what they are doing as it will simply lead them to hating themselves. This is not a guide or a road out of sexual deviancy.

Instead if, indeed, we "hate the sin" we must hate it, not in reference to itself, but in reference to the person it afflicts. Yes, the temptation to sin is an affliction, one which we may never desire, "lead us not into temptation." We must hate the sin not because we find it disgusting or distasteful, but because we hate what the sin does to those who find themselves struggling daily with it.

Yet the struggle, the suffering which one may experience from this temptation, although undesirable and unlovely, nonetheless it unites those who suffer it with the sufferings of Christ on the cross, who cried "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" To desire the forsaken wail of our Lord would indeed be a fallacy, but it is nonetheless a feeling which even our God felt. The cartharsis of it is one of utter despair, but the effect may be a true union with the crucified heart of God. I think especially of the verses of The Dark Night of the Soul, "O night that guided me." Yet he cries later, in an almost homoerotic cry from man to the Man, Christ, "The breeze blew from the turret As I parted his locks;
With his gentle hand he wounded my neck And caused all my senses to be suspended."