An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Poor Clare photos

Susan

:D: Found this beautiful gallery of poor clare photos by a professional. Obviously a lot of them are "posed" but they are so beautiful!
[url="http://cmykstudios.com/poorclares/index.htm"]Poor Clare Gallery[/url]
I don't know what monastery this is: Rockford?

BEAUTIFUL! Poor Clares pull so tightly on my heartstrings :heart:

Thanks for posting :) And I think those are the Rockford Colletines, but I could be mistaken.

I love it when they wear the wedding dress at Investiture. That's so neat.

Lauren

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
:D Sorry to say, but those aren't the Rockford Poor Clares... sorry... I have some pictures of the Rockford Monastery on my blog if you'd like to see for yourself... They are however Poor Clare Colettines it appears...

[url="http://iamahandmaidofthelord.blogspot.com"]http://iamahandmaidofthelord.blogspot.com[/url]

I do admit, those are beautiful pictures! There are some other taken of the Rockford Poor Clares on the Rockford Diocese homepage (Well, a link...)

:D: I love my 22 little Rockford Poor Clares!

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 28 2005, 09:03 AM']BEAUTIFUL! Poor Clares pull so tightly on my heartstrings :heart:

Thanks for posting :) And I think those are the Rockford Colletines, but I could be mistaken.

I love it when they wear the wedding dress at Investiture. That's so neat.

Lauren
[right][snapback]739859[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, I THINK it might be the Clevland PCC's. The photographer works out of Clevland and that monastery is one of the oldest of the PCC monasteries. I know someone who was there so I"ll have to find out.

haha, I used to live in Rockford way way way before becoming Catholic, so I don't remember many Catholic landmarks. Thanks for sharing the pics. I especially love the habits with the rosary!

I just looked at all the pictures. And my favorite was not of any that had nuns in them, which surprised me. My favorite pic is the one with the sandals lined up in front of the window.

It is a beautiful reminder of two things. One, we are not here forever, this is not our home, we are on a journey towards God (Heaven).
And two, we are not alone, we have opportunities everyday to share our journey with others. :grouphug:

Edited by ofpheritup

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:45 PM']haha, I used to live in Rockford way way way before becoming Catholic, so I don't remember many Catholic landmarks. Thanks for sharing the pics. I especially love the habits with the rosary!
[right][snapback]740118[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not too many Catholic landmarks in Rockford to begin with :D:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Man, now I want to go visit my Poor Clares!!!! The first weekend I would be able to visit would be the weekend of Oct. 14-16th...

Another thing about many of these pictures is the Mother Abbess in Rockford says that they should not have pictures taken of their entire face, especially if it is going to be a public photo... I dunno...