An Old School Catholic Message Board

The New Testament and the Deuterocanonicals

Brother Adam

[url="http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deutero3.htm"]Link[/url]

I know often Protestants say that the New Testament can never be connected to what Protestants consider the Apocropha. I thought this link was fascinating.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 21 2005, 07:37 PM']yeah. I printed it and am adding it to a set of resource binders we have to build while we are in college.
[right][snapback]733207[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Will I have to do that as well?

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 21 2005, 06:21 PM'][url="http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/deutero3.htm"]Link[/url]

I know often Protestants say that the New Testament can never be connected to what Protestants consider the Apocropha. I thought this link was fascinating.
[right][snapback]733190[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
be cautious tho, b/c some of those are a major stretch, and i got slammed in a debate one time for just throwin the whole list out there w/o actually looking them up first. if you ever need info like this for a debate, look these up and only use the one's that have the most obvious connection.

And it's fun to point out that some of the OT books aren't referensed in the NT-- Esther, SoS, etc. :) Shall we dump those, too?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 22 2005, 09:34 AM']And it's fun to point out that some of the OT books aren't referensed in the NT-- Esther, SoS, etc. :) Shall we dump those, too?
[right][snapback]733705[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sure...I don't see what Song of Songs has to do with Christ and His Church...sounds like a fruity love letter to me...

...hmmm...unless we take the Bridegroom as Christ and the Bride as the Church...

:o I've solved it! I'm a genius!

*goes to write it all down and call a publishing company for a contract*

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'll be richer than the queen in gold of Ophir, I tell you! Yes!

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 22 2005, 08:37 AM']Sure...I don't see what Song of Songs has to do with Christ and His Church...sounds like a fruity love letter to me...
...hmmm...unless we take the Bridegroom as Christ and the Bride as the Church...

:o I've solved it!  I'm a genius! 

*goes to write it all down and call a publishing company for a contract*

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'll be richer than the queen in gold of Ophir, I tell you!  Yes!
[right][snapback]733708[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If only you'd thought of it first... <sigh> better luck next time. :lol_roll: :lol_roll: