An Old School Catholic Message Board

the most violent developed country on earth

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 21 2005, 05:39 PM']When I was in Canada and England all I heard was how the US sucked :)
[right][snapback]733143[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There's plenty of love all around! :)

I hope my comment didn't offend anyone. Anyone here who has any Scottish m8s can attest to the amount of slagging they are capable of doling out and my statement was in that spirit. The Irish are quite good at it as well. Obviously I don't really think Scotland is not a developed country - for the record.

People love to hate America, especially these days - even Americans! I just consider the source (old Irish method). And while Americans have plenty to be proud of, they sure can be good at making arrogant, donkey's rears of themselves.

I'm Scottish and one of our newpapers used to have a weekly column written by a guy who'd gone to live in America for a while. It was quite amusing at times; people made comments to him such as "Is, like, a refrigerator a big deal in your country?" :lol:

Anyhow, we have a very low rate of gun crime, it's mainly knives and stabbings that are the problem. Even so, I really can't see how we're the most violent developed country in the world.

Scotland still angry at the British, so are the Irish. They wanna be Idenified as another nation all together, because alot of people just consider them the same, which aint entireally true.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 22 2005, 10:45 AM']Scotland still angry at the British, so are the Irish. They wanna be Idenified as another nation all together, because alot of people just consider them the same, which aint entireally true.
[right][snapback]733610[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
For one thing, Scotland is part of Britain, so Scottish people [i]are[/i] British. For another, if the majority of Scottish people wanted independence then the Scottish National Party would be in power. But they don't, so they're not.

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:59 PM']anyway, people in northern ireland [snip]
[right][snapback]731332[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't you know that should be the "north of Ireland"?

jeeze

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:28 PM'][snip] French ppl smell of elderberries, German ppl are Nazis, and America's better than any other place in the world"  [/snip]
[right][snapback]733038[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A. Well, the French DO pretty much smell of elderberries...I'm pretty sure this has been proven down to the mathematical level.

2. Of *course* German ppl (sic) are Nazi's. I mean, c'mon...the only reason you don't see 'em goosestepping down the street is 'cause they usually get their morning started by doing a couple of laps around the bedroom with the shades drawn.

iii. Any place that invented deep-fried snickers bars has to be the preeminent place to live in my book